Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

What To Learn And How?

Anonymous
0 0

Well, I'm 14 years old, and very into computers. I want to get a new start. I already know some of the basics such as HTML, Javascript, and PHP. I want to study Computer Science when I get to college. It would help to get a head start and start learning now. I know about linux, but I need to learn how to use it. What exactly should I learn, and what programming languages do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance Guys

0 0

If you want language recommendations, I like C++ and python. I would suggest you pick a language and just try it. Language doesn't determine what you can do, what you know does. Popular choices are c, c++, java, python, php, and perl (though perl can be hard to read if coded wrong)

Not Just a member
0 0

BufferOverflowAttack wrote: Well, I'm 14 years old, and very into computers. I want to get a new start. I already know some of the basics such as HTML, Javascript, and PHP. I want to study Computer Science when I get to college. It would help to get a head start and start learning now. I know about linux, but I need to learn how to use it. What exactly should I learn, and what programming languages do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance Guys

Short answer to your question is learn anything you want anyhow you can.

Do your research as what you could be interested in (the forums is invaluable resource as you are about millionth member to ask this question).

0 0

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sa=X&ei=tP5_TbGjJISRgQf2qu2TCA&ved=0CBMQBSgA&q=site%3Awww.hellboundhackers.org+%2Bmaug+%2Bberkeley&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=eec7b1769f792670

I posted in both of those links. (the url tag didn't work)

The Berkeley cources are pretty good. Some of the classes will link you to a free ebook, homework, tests, answers, and code. I would also recommend learning about number theory. Imho It's very fun math, and you don't need to know much algebra/calc to understand the concepts in number theory.

0 0

maug wrote: you don't need to know much algebra/calc to understand the concepts in number theory. where did you learn number theory? every bit of info I found on it uses algebraic symbols I've never seen. I couldn't get past the first page without being confused…

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Xunxen wrote: [quote]maug wrote: you don't need to know much algebra/calc to understand the concepts in number theory. where did you learn number theory? every bit of info I found on it uses algebraic symbols I've never seen. I couldn't get past the first page without being confused…[/quote] Like what? The modulus symbol? Because that's not algebraic.

0 0

Xunxen wrote: [quote]maug wrote: you don't need to know much algebra/calc to understand the concepts in number theory. where did you learn number theory? every bit of info I found on it uses algebraic symbols I've never seen. I couldn't get past the first page without being confused…[/quote]

The Teaching Company was the original source. I downloaded it from demonoid.me. It might be at other places like the pirate bay.

0 0

any programming that you can learn(maybe except for languages like brainfuck) is probably going to help you alot but it is important that you dont just learn what different syntaxes do but also learn how to create algorithms to accomplish your goals and how you could translate those algorithms into code.

that way you will be prepared(atleast more prepared) for whatever language you will read in the future, assuming that it falls under the same category as the language you been working with earlier.

sidenote i remember the first time i was introduced to haskell and all i had worked with earlier was imperative languages, major WTF moment!!!