Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

C# Make many page requests per second

0 0

Vector-fusion wrote: [quote]Propheis wrote: I want to test my website to see how it performs under heavy traffic, and so I want to code a program that can make many page requests per second simulating heavy traffic. What kind of class could I use/make that would enable me to make page requests without downloading the HTML files to my computer?

No you want to DDOS someone's site.[/quote]

Atleast he's not a skiddie.

Retired
10 0

He didn't say you were. You just took offense to it. And, I agree. He is at least trying to code (and possibly lie). Either way, he's learning. I would say, use a PHP script, then have many people try it. That way you could test it through the many different connections. Also, how do you plan to test this efficiently?

0 0

Vector-fusion wrote: [quote]Propheis wrote: I want to test my website to see how it performs under heavy traffic, and so I want to code a program that can make many page requests per second simulating heavy traffic. What kind of class could I use/make that would enable me to make page requests without downloading the HTML files to my computer?

No you want to DDOS someone's site.[/quote]

Nope, just testing my own site. Besides, why would I want to code a DDOS program when there are already plenty out there?

I just want to test my own website, and not DDOS someone elses.

0 0

Firstly, one guy sitting in his room with a computer is not DDoS. DDoS and DoS aren't freely interchangeable, the extra "D" at the beginning actually stands for something.

Secondly, yours31f, don't suggest that. If he has chosen C# and wants to expand on his knowledge about it while gaining something simultaneously, then don't discourage him by just giving him an option that you personally find easiest. If he always substitutes, he'll never delve deeper into his language of choice.

Thirdly, OP, with the risk of giving almost cliché feedback, you ought to find what you're looking for with a quick google search for something along the lines of "c sharp socket tutorial". The first couple of hits should have all the explanations and examples you might need to learn more.

0 0

Thanks for the great advice! I actually have never heard of socket programming (Call me a n00b, idc we all were once). I'll definatly look into this. Thanks again.