Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

accepting files in C/C++

0 0

Problem Statement: When a Html file is double clicked,Windows starts Firefox and passes the file to it.

I have created a tiny html reader and set it as my default browser.

But when any html file is double clicked,the reader pops open,BLANK,and an error pops up saying:[My fault Error,rectified thanks to spyware]"There was a problem sending the command to the program"

How do I tell the Prog. to accept the file?

I prefer C to C++.

Thanks in advance for suggestions/answers.:)

Banned
0 0

You did not get a popup saying "Error passing the file to the program", post the real error.

0 0

My bad,it says:"There was a problem passing the command to the program"

Thanks for that Spyware..I was writing it from memory..not a very good thing..considering the fact that I am unable to even remember the names of my friends.:)

Ninja Extreme
0 0

I'm not entirely familiar with how this works, but iirc this error is caused by the DDE connection failing. DDE is a windows feature it uses to see if the program is already running to avoid popping up two separate instances, and I think your program must have support for it or else it will fail. DDE can be turned off, however I don't have a clue how.

Banned
0 0

stealth- wrote: I'm not entirely familiar with how this works, but iirc this error is caused by the DDE connection failing. DDE is a windows feature it uses to see if the program is already running to avoid popping up two separate instances, and I think your program must have support for it or else it will fail. DDE can be turned off, however I don't have a clue how.

If you google things, at least google properly: http://bit.ly/6IFUEB

Ninja Extreme
0 0

spyware wrote: If you google things, at least google properly: http://bit.ly/6IFUEB

Well, I generally try not to just google things for other people. I'm not a human google proxy. >.>

0 0

Works GREAT!! Thanks!!

This is why I love HBH!!!:)

Banned
0 0

stealth- wrote: Well, I generally try not to just google things for other people. I'm not a human google proxy. >.>

Sorry, it rather seemed like you googled the error and found the problem, but not the answer. I guess this wasn't the case.