Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Predator vision update

0 0

I can change the pixel colors now and it looks a bit more like what the Predators use. This is not thermal nor infrared vision. What this does is highlight movement by taking the difference of two consecutive images. The code can be found on my blog here.

or the version without pixel coloring is in the codebank

No movement [img]http://kbcarte.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/te47.jpg?w=640&h=480[/img]

with movement [img]http://kbcarte.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/te130.jpg?w=640&h=480[/img]

Retired
10 0

Looks cool. A buffer would be cool to eliminate noise when nothing moves.

0 0

I've seen some people use filters. But I like how it outlines everything. I plan on running this as an augmented system. I just need it to run faster/smoother……

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Very cool. It's things like this that I'm always surprised to remember you can actually do with python.

0 0

use a ft to remove the noise? might slow it down though.

0 1

oh the horror. it looks impressive and scary at the same time. You never fail to impress.

0 0

fuser wrote: oh the horror. it looks impressive and scary at the same time. You never fail to impress.

I try my best. Coding is a passion. I like image processing, looping over pixels is kinda fun; and you can physically see results.

I can't wait to get the shoulder mounted plasma cannon finished. I know you guys will love it. Just need two servos, a range finder, and an accelerometer.

0 0

I plan to either use the coil gun, or nerf.

If I go the nerf route, I'll use CO2 for the propulsion.

If its the coil gun, I have a bigger bank of capacitors now, 6 330V 80uf wired in parallel, and two 330V 120uf wired in series.

Regardless, it will shoot something lol.

Money is always the issue though…..

0 0

techb wrote: What this does is highlight movement by taking the difference of two consecutive images.

What would happen if the camera moved and not you? Would the pixels get colored like in the moving one? If so wouldn't you get a lot of highlighted pixels while walking?

0 0

Mtutnid wrote: [quote]techb wrote: What this does is highlight movement by taking the difference of two consecutive images.

What would happen if the camera moved and not you? Would the pixels get colored like in the moving one? If so wouldn't you get a lot of highlighted pixels while walking?[/quote]

You are correct, this is hunt mode. If your hunting something your not always moving.

In the special features of the original predator movie they show how the vision works. All they do is use an IR camera and color the ones highlighted.

I also plan to use the method mentioned above, maybe not highlighting everything. I will also be able to switch between different views.

At the moment the gun turret is the first priority.

0 0

What materials are you going to use for your costumes (especially the iron man costume)? Are you going to make any software for the iron man costume?

Banned
0 0

Mtutnid wrote: What materials are you going to use for your costumes (especially the iron man costume)? Are you going to make any software for the iron man costume?

wat

0 0

Mtutnid wrote: What materials are you going to use for your costumes (especially the iron man costume)? Are you going to make any software for the iron man costume?

I'm not making an Iron Man costume. My friend is making one for himself. The materials are bondo and fiberglass.

I am the electronics guy, I'll be in charge of the mask opening and closing, and all the flaps on the legs used for flight. So, yeah software will be written for his suit.

0 0

Why did you pick a coil gun over a Gaussian gun or an array of linear motors?

Just curious

0 0

Supplementary wrote: Why did you pick a coil gun over a Gaussian gun or an array of linear motors?

Just curious

A Gaussian gun is too weak, and I am using parts I already have. Motors make for moving parts, I want to keep that to a minimum plus with motors weight becomes a factor.

I did use motors though; stripped them clean of the magnet wire inside them.

With coils, weight is not an issue, the are pretty strong pending what capacitors you use, and they can always be upgraded with more stages.