Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

A good OOP concepts tutorial I found.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

I've found the best way to learn about OOP concepts is to code with it. I never saw much use in OOP for most of my code until a few months ago when the project I was working on needed some code to handle a variety of information on multiple hosts. I just made a "host" class and then created instances of them and put them in a list (python). Trying to do that any other way would have been a major pain in the ass. Ever since then I've been messing with new ways to use it, and it's always fun to find a problem where OOP offers a perfect solution.

Not a bad read, though.

0 0

I saw that there was a link to submit links but I looked around the site and didn't find any submitted links and thought that maybe there was something off about it so I didn't submit it and posted it. I was just searching and realized there's a web links choice at the bottom right. I've used the search a few times now and didn't even notice it for some reason.

0 0

stealth- wrote: I've found the best way to learn about OOP concepts is to code with it. I never saw much use in OOP for most of my code until a few months ago when the project I was working on needed some code to handle a variety of information on multiple hosts. I just made a "host" class and then created instances of them and put them in a list (python). Trying to do that any other way would have been a major pain in the ass. Ever since then I've been messing with new ways to use it, and it's always fun to find a problem where OOP offers a perfect solution.

Not a bad read, though.

Agreed. I never used classes either; until I started coding in blender. I had to wrap the IR tracking stuff in a class so blender could use it. Still buggy though…

I wrapped all my other useful code into a class; mostly web things like logging in and saving data. Makes things a lot easier to use an instance with methods than to hard code everything.