Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Yet another Perl Problem

0 0

For those of you who read my last thread you may now understand that Perl… Is a bitch sometimes, for me. So now I've looked into sockets, and I wrote a little program to test this. My program is working perfectly, tested on Windows Vista with Strawberry Perl. The only problem is that now I want to compile this (or convert, whatever the correct term might be) to an windows .exe file. The perl2exe doesn't seem to work with the current strawberry version, and PP doesn't want to install. I also read about perlcc. Is there any way to sweet-talk perlcc into making a windows program? Anyways, how do I do this?

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

well you will need to post little more information…

Firstly the code itself would be helpful, secondly your perl build version, thirdly your perl2exe version (don't use perlcc, it's obsolete now, pp was developed to replace it). Furthermore what error are you getting, any warnings that you might get with the code when you run it etc. Basically as much info as you can, because quite frankly with the information you gave us, it's impossible to give you any kind of help

Edit: I missed out some information in your post, sorry about that. Why doesn't pp install, and did you try to install it normally via ppm?

0 0

Thanks, MoshBat, I'll try that out. And if it doesn't work I'll post my code and info.

0 0

Fixed! Hooray!