Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Calender popup

0 0

Hello again! I'm currently working on a PHP/JavaScript based calendar. The main purpose of the calender is to show event(s) when a user have the mouse over a table-cell containing a certain date.

mouse over date X –> script check for events in DB for date X –> popup window with events from DB.

What is the best way to do this? JavaScript does not seem secure enough to use and using php would mean that refreshing the page is needed. what other options are there?

Banned
0 0

…what way is there? AJAX.

0 0

well I've got the data stored in a MySQL DB, I'm not using any XML files :P so how can AJAX help me with that?!

Banned
0 0

Demons Halo wrote: well I've got the data stored in a MySQL DB, I'm not using any XML files :P so how can AJAX help me with that?!

Erhm, you can call to a PHP script without refreshing?

0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]Demons Halo wrote: well I've got the data stored in a MySQL DB, I'm not using any XML files :P so how can AJAX help me with that?!

Erhm, you can call to a PHP script without refreshing?[/quote]

O.o I dont see how! every google search I do ends up with AJAX recommendation :/

0 0

ZOMG!!! IT'S WORKING!!! IT IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!! o.O

no but seriously, thanks :P