Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Programming In Delphi

0 0

I'm looking to jump into Delphi as soon as possible, but I have very little programming knowledge. I was wondering which language I should learn BEFORE I start Delphi, so I can get a grasp on what it would be like.

Banned
0 0

Start learning Python or Perl, and forget about delphi.

0 0

I'm trying to make some money with it, and I heard that a lot of great programs, such as Remote Administration Tools, are coded in Delphi. Are you able to do this with Python or Perl? Also, should I just jump right into Perl or Python, or should I start with an easier language similar to it.

0 0

I'm also not doing this to just make money. I really would like to learn a lot while doing this, but my end goal is being able to code some programs that I would be able to sell, and are good enough to do so.

EDIT: I see, it's interpreted, not compiled so I don't think I will be able to make the programs that I am intending to make with these languages, although I may be wrong.

0 1

ThunderHorse wrote: I'm trying to make some money with it, and I heard that a lot of great programs, such as Remote Administration Tools, are coded in Delphi. Are you able to do this with Python or Perl? Also, should I just jump right into Perl or Python, or should I start with an easier language similar to it.

facepalm . Are you kidding me? RATs can be made in Python and Perl, since any kind of programming language can be applied to create it. And Python and Perl are simple enough for someone to learn with ease. There are samples in the HBH code bank for you to get started, and there are many tutorials you can read to make something like this.

Here are some references I can provide for you:

http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/Python/PyNet.pdf http://ilab.cs.byu.edu/python/ http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Python/Sockets-in-Python-Into-the-World-of-Python-Network-Programming/ http://www.sal.ksu.edu/faculty/tim/NPstudy_guide/index.html

0 0

Haha, sorry man. I really am new to all of this. Perhaps I shouldn't make hasty assumptions. Thanks for the tips though, I appreciate it. I think I might start with Python and move to Perl. Seems like a good goal to me. :)

EDIT: wow, those links are great, I truly appreciate it. It seems that I have quite a bit of reading to do!

EDIT: After reading some information from Google, I have deduced that Delphi is in fact, either dying or dead.

0 0

I heard that language was hard to learn if you don't have much programming experience though.

0 0

I see. Well, from reading your post, I believe I will still get my Python experience that I need, and then move on to C++. I just really would like some experience before I jump into that particular language.

0 0

Oh I see, so I don't write the code in the actual IDE, correct?

0 0

Alright cool, I don't even need to use the IDE then.

0 0

Got it! Works great, the output of the code was this; Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle>cd Desktop

C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle\Desktop>myfile.py pwd=secret;database=master;uid=sa;server=mpilgrim

SWEET

0 0

LOL, nice.

Banned
0 0

I really dig Summer Madness. It reminds me of the cool side of my pillow.

0 0

I've decided to start out with VB, should be easy for me.

0 0

Yes, very indecisive…

VB is a good language, but your not going to learn true programming with copy/past visual programming. VB is for developers to make apps quick and easy.

I think your going to be disappointing and very frustrated with VB.

I would recommend sticking with python until you know how things work with programming. Once your stable and efficient with python, then move to VB or C++.

But that's just my opinion; it will all be up to your dedication.

0 0

Well , I just tend to overthink things, so it's hard for me to understand a programming language. I feel like I have to know what EVERY single term means. So with that being said, which would be easier to learn; Perl or Python

0 0

Ahhhh, I see. Desktop/Web application and game development and more. Interesting.

0 0

What exactly does the above script do?

Banned
0 0

ThunderHorse wrote: Well , I just tend to overthink things, so it's hard for me to understand a programming language. I feel like I have to know what EVERY single term means. So with that being said, which would be easier to learn; Perl or Python

Python.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Why are you guys still responding to him? He's banned.