Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

jabber bot in perl

0 0

Hey everyone I am trying to make a jabber bot and I am having a little trouble handling messages. If the bot's jabber account receives any messages while it's offline when it goes back online it seems to get these messages and puts them in a queue and deals with each one one at a time (that part makes sense to me). The part that doesn't make sense is that I have registered a callback for the message received event and once it receives these offline messages it will fire an event for the first 2 then it will idle. If you send the bot a message at this point it will then fire an event but it will handle offline message #3 instead of the message I just sent it. I think my problem has something to do with the fact that I am calling the keepItGoing sub routine in side the chat sub routine, but I am not sure how else to get it to "idle" otherwise. If anyone could offer any sort of insight on this that would be awesome.

I should probably also mention that I have been testing this by running the script once then stopping it then sending 3 offline messages then running the script again.

print "Running Version 3\n";

use strict;
use warnings;

#Libraries
use Net::XMPP;
use DBI;
use DBD::mysql;
use Data::Dumper;

#--------------- Config Vars -----------------
# Jabber Client
my $jbrHostname = "removed"; 
my $jbrUserName = "removed";
my $jbrPassword = "removed";
my $jbrResource = "removed";
my $jbrBoss = new Net::XMPP::JID();
$jbrBoss->SetJID(userid=>"removed",server=>$jbrHostname);

# MySQL
my $dbHostname = "removed";
my $dbName = "removed";
my $dbUserName = "removed";
my $dbPassword = "removed";
#--------------- End Config -----------------

# connect to the db
my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:database=$dbName;host=$dbHostname",$dbUserName, $dbPassword, {RaiseError => 1}) or die "Couldn't connect to the database: $!\n";

# create a new jabber client and connect to server
my $jabberBot = Net::XMPP::Client->new();
my $status = $jabberBot->Connect(hostname=>$jbrHostname) or die "Cannot connect ($!)\n";
my @results = $jabberBot->AuthSend(username=>$jbrUserName,password=>$jbrPassword,resource=>$jbrResource);

if($results[0] ne "ok")
{
    die "Jabber auth error @results\n";
}

# set jabber bot callbacks
$jabberBot->SetMessageCallBacks(chat=>\&chat);
$jabberBot->SetPresenceCallBacks(available=>\&welcome, unavailable=>\&killBot);
$jabberBot->SetCallBacks(iq=>\&gotIQ);

$jabberBot->PresenceSend(type=>"available");
$jabberBot->Process(1);

sub welcome
{
    $jabberBot->MessageSend(to=>$jbrBoss->GetJID(),subject=>"",body=>"Hello There!",type=>"chat",priority=>10);
    &keepItGoing;
}

#$jabberBot->MessageSend(to=>$jbrBoss->GetJID(),subject=>"",body=>"Hello There! Global...",type=>"chat",priority=>10);
#$jabberBot->Process(5);
&keepItGoing;

sub chat
{
    print "Chat Called!\n";
    print Dumper(@_);
    my ($sessionID,$msg) = @_;
    my $jbrCmd = &trimSpaces($msg->GetBody());

#if($msg->GetBody() ne 'logout')
    #{
    #    print $msg->GetBody()."\n";
    #    &keepItGoing;
    #}
    #else
    #{
    #    &killBot($msg);
    #}

my $dbQry = $dbh->prepare("SELECT command,acknowledgement FROM commands WHERE message = '".lc($jbrCmd)."'");
	$dbQry->execute();
	if($dbQry->rows() > 0 && $jbrCmd !~ /^insert/si)
	{
		my $ref = $dbQry->fetchrow_hashref();
		$dbQry->finish();
		$jabberBot->MessageSend(to=>$msg->GetFrom(),subject=>"",body=>$ref->{'acknowledgement'},type=>"chat",priority=>10);
		eval $ref->{'command'};
	}
	else
	{
		$jabberBot->MessageSend(to=>$msg->GetFrom(),subject=>"",body=>"You said: ".$jbrCmd,type=>"chat",priority=>10);
		$dbQry->finish();
	}
	&keepItGoing;
}

sub gotIQ
{
    print $_[1]->{TAG}."\n";
    return;
    if($_[1]->{TAG} ne 'iq')
    {
    	&chat;
    }
}

sub trimSpaces
{
	my $string = $_[0];
	$string =~ s/^\s+//; #remove leading spaces
	$string =~ s/\s+$//; #remove trailing spaces
	return $string;
}

sub keepItGoing
{
    print "Movin' the chains!\n";
    my $proc = $jabberBot->Process(1);
    while(defined($proc) && $proc != 1)
    {
        $proc = $jabberBot->Process(1);
    }
    return;
}

sub killBot
{
	print "kill\n";
    $jabberBot->MessageSend(to=>$jbrBoss->GetJID(),subject=>"",body=>"Logging Out!",type=>"chat",priority=>10);
    $jabberBot->Process(1);
    $jabberBot->Disconnect();
    exit;
}```