Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

C++ W/ GUI

0 0

I've been working with c++ for a bit now and was wondering if anyone could point me in a good direction for learning about, and how to write, GUIs in C++. I've Google'd and found quite a few tutorials, but I'm not really sure if any of the ones that I've found are any good, and most of them aren't very comprehensive; only applying to the specific examples that they use. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Sqwertle.

0 0

I advise you to first choose an API aimed at making GUI applications in C++. Some popular examples are Qt, GTK+, GLUT (OpenGL) or the Windows API. A short list can also be found here: http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialC++.html#GUIFRAMEWORKS

You don't and can't know which API suits you best. Just pick one. If you like it, stick with it. If you don't lake it, pick another one. Repeat until satisfied.

0 0

I would say win api to start with i experienced it as one of the easier things tbh

0 0

michelfalke wrote: I would say win api to start with i experienced it as one of the easier things tbh

seconded if you are aiming at windows

DeOnlyLimit=YourOwnImagination
5 0

I use GTK but that's because I used it before in combination with other languages. You should try more than one to know what's best for yourself :)