Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

MMORPG Creation

0 0

I,like many others,Love the game Runescape. It is a very fun MMORPG game. I want to know what languages I would need to know if I wanted to create my own MMORPG.What software is needed? I just need some guidance.

0 0

Eve Online uses stackless python I think amongst other stuff.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

I can't believe people STILL play runescape….. I mean, have they even tried WoW? I don't play it, but I did for a little while when I was younger and that game makes runescape look like it was created by 4 year olds. Seriously, just download the demo, at least -_-

In case you were wondering, though, Wow is written in C++ (which is pretty much the industry standard), but a large piece of the game is also scripted in Lua.

It really depends on what type of MMORPG your trying to make. Browser based? Installable program? Graphical? Text based? In most cases, creating a half decent MMORPG is going to take alot more skill than you sound like you have, and is generally not a project to be taken on by a single person anyways. You can't expect to pick up a programing book and start writing the next quake.

Of course, I'm just making the assumption your rather new to programing because you didn't know runescape was written in Java (which should be fairly obvious).

Ninja Extreme
0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]stealth- wrote: I can't believe people STILL play runescape… I grew out of it years ago. But I have been known to go and play an hour or so during times of: A. Severe boredom B. Sobriety C. Non-sobriety.

It's mostly a young teenager thing. Like Habbo Hotel, if you're not blackup forming a Swastika, closing off the pool due to AIDS.[/quote]

From what I've seen, I'm pretty confident haboo hotels only purpose is to provide cyber sex for 14 year olds. Although I havn't played in a while, so it might have changed some.

0 0

Network X wrote: I just need some guidance.

I laughed heartily.

0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: Eve Online uses stackless python I think amongst other stuff.

Eve Online… Ew

Python is still Python. (For those who don't understand what I mean… Slow as shit; for use in a game engine)

0 0

rpg maker xp or vx. Uses RGSS, a branch of ruby (which is actually a good language to learn but hard for a beginner)