Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Hello I have a few questions I would like to ask,

0 0

I am in the process of creating an online web game and have finally got to the mapping part of the game. The bank, chat system, backpack, clan system, pmessaging system is all done. The game is a wml game so that you can play it on your phone. I programmed the website using php/mysql.

It looks something like this when you play the game. You start off in a town…

<example>

Hammerfall Si9

View Character Chat Messaging Auction House Post Office World Clan

Exit

</example>

When you go out into the world I want a map you can move around on. There will be options like this…

<example>

<image /> HP: /Mana:

Attack Move Actions Messages Refresh

</example>

It doesnt matter if the map is Text or just images but does anyone have any ideas on how I can add the mapping? Probably have X, Y, Z co ordinates? When you click move or attack you will have the option to attack or move N, E, S, or W.

Thanks to all that respond. Your help is and will be much appreciated.

0 0

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but the general tactic is to move the map image rather than the character. Each move would require a reload though, but other than js which isn't too good on phones, I don't see any other way.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Really depends on how you want to design your world map. Are you looking to make a it 3D? Final fantasy 7 style vs. Chrono Cross style? Full movement or just place-to-place (e.g. final fantasy tactics)?

The easiest way to design it is to make it a 2D, stationary map and you just push left/right to move from one place to the next.

0 0

Alright I have added image to the game.

I made a table known as Location and a table Known as World.

The Location table has the locations of the users that go out into the world. The World table has the mapping / co ordinates.

I am facing a slight problem though. Lets say…

X0, Y0, Z0 is the co ordinate of this player. (example)

––P––

X-1, Y0, Z0 is the co ordinates of this player. Together though they are 2 seperate images. How would I make it to where it shows that the player is next to the other though? I could implement a Look feature and look North East South or West but I dont understand how I can make it to where the players can interact in the world. Any suggestions anyone?

T—P–– T––––

T = Town P = Player

• = Space