Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

perl....slightly confusedd

0 0

Okay, so i got some perl code, it has the right extension (.pl) i have ActionPerl, but when i try to run it, the only thing that happens is command prompt opens for a few seconds, shows the first few lines of code, closes, and then nothing. sorta new to perl so…any help? :D

0 0

win+r, "cmd", hit enter.

"cd C:\Documents and Settings\yourName\perl\" hit enter perl filename.pl

hope you used the auto path configuration in the installer.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: In Windows, that's not necessary. File associations are already set, so he can simply type the file name from within it's directory, or elsewhere using a path. By default, CMD is in the user's home directory anyway.

Don't listen to this guy. He's drunk.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s138/moshbat/SoPissedICannotEvenBeRight.jpg In URL tags due to the fact your equipment is way too small.

Oh, any yes, I do have Opera, purely for the purposes of testing designs. I also have Safari, Chrome and IE for the same reasons. And yes, I'm using Vista right now, and I use utorrent, and the normal Vista GUI. So there you have it, criticise all you will.

Your "solution" requires the extension to be .pl (or whatever else you put in the extension configuration list thingy). Adding the perl binary to the windows path is an advisable course of action, no matter how stubborn and/or inebriated you are.

As far as my analysis of your screenshot, I'll minimize my bitching to just one point: lol Chrome. There's this thing called Iron, you should look in to it.

0 0

Other scripts/binaries might call perl scripts using a "perl <perlscript>" layout.

Just configure the damn PATH variable, it only has advantages if you include the perl binary in there.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Why don't you list some of these advantages?

For one, -all- the binaries in C:\usr\bin\perl\bin (this is where you should install Perl) will be accessible from a CLI.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

MoshBat wrote: Oh, any yes, I do have Opera, purely for the purposes of testing designs. I also have Safari, Chrome and IE for the same reasons

Not heard of BrowserShots.org?