Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Good python book

0 0

Hey can anyone advise a good book on python. Well after googling for 5 minutes I got names of some books like:

1. Dive into python
  2. Byte of python
  3. Start programming with python.

and many moreā€¦.

I am having no knowledge of python. So I want to learn it. Help me in choosing a nice book. The names mentioned above are a few ones. Thanks in advance.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Personally, I've found google searches to be more helpful than books when it comes to programming, but if you really want a book O'Reilly makes pretty good ones.

0 0

Ok few searches led me to python cookbook by O'Reilly. I hope that was you mentioning. I had also downloaded python2.6.2. Thats a stable version i guess. Thanks for your reply.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

harry_potter28 wrote: Ok few searches led me to python cookbook by O'Reilly. I hope that was you mentioning. Not in particular, but it's probably a decent one. I've got a couple by that publisher. One of them is "Python in a Nutshell". I can't remember the name of the other. Books by that publisher tend to be pretty good quality in my experience so that's why I just gave the name O'Reilly instead of a book name.

0 0

Learning Python by Mark Lutz is probably the best book if your totally new to Python.