Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

CryptoFox - Mozilla Firefox extension

0 0

Hello everyone!

CryptoFox is an encryption/decryption tool for Mozilla Firefox, with dictionary attack support for cracking MD5 passwords. I coded this extension 3 days ago and now it is in the sandbox on Mozilla Firefox. It will soon be nominated for public, but I'm waiting for some reviews and feedbacks.

This is the download link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12065/

Waiting for your feedbacks!

0 0

as I said before, already using it and it's awesome.

To everybody, get this add on, essential in ff toolbox! no more yellowpipe, but encrypting/decrypting straight away in firefox!!!

0 0

Good idea here. It's kind of hard to read the text of the add-on when using the default skin for FF. It's also quite large compared to others. I think it would be nice to have a option where you click a small button on your normal toolbar that minimizes/maximizes the add-on to hide it.

0 0

It makes my firefox slow, and DES decrypt, MD5 decrypt tend to lose characters in the process… I mean, i type a password, and when i decrypt it, some of the letters become strange symbols

0 0

Nice addon, definetely a good idea. There are a few things that could be improved, the text is kind of hard to read, use a darker font, and the MD5 dictionary attack doesn't seem to be working for me, but other than that its really good. Nice job :)

0 0

It's kind of hard to read the text of the add-on when using the default skin for FF. It's also quite large compared to others. I think it would be nice to have a option where you click a small button on your normal toolbar that minimizes/maximizes the add-on to hide it.

Look at this picture => https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/images/p/32594/1243114086 That's a screenshot of the add-on from my computer. The font and the colors seems to be good and everything is clear. If the interface of the add-on on your computers is not similar to the one in the picture, then there must be a compatibility problem. On my computer, I have the latest Firefox release. Anyways, this is an CSS issue, and I will try to solve it. About hiding the add-on, you can simply do a right-click on it and then uncheck it.

It makes my firefox slow

It shouldn't, since it doesn't do any process when it is idle.

and DES decrypt, MD5 decrypt tend to lose characters in the process… I mean, i type a password, and when i decrypt it, some of the letters become strange symbols

You mean DES encrypt/decrypt and not MD5?! Well, it doesn't really lose characters, it is a matter of encoding.

the MD5 dictionary attack doesn't seem to be working for me

Using the md5 dictionary crack option is easy. you select it from the drop down list, you paste the md5 hash in the text area and then you click on the Encode/Decode button. Now you are asked to provide the full path of the dictionary. Suppose it is drive C and named words.dic, then you write c:\words.dic or c:words.dic Actually, this extension isn't really designed to do a heavy dictionary attack, but a light one (with some Mbs dictionary) would be fine.

Banned
0 0

Stuff I thought of;

-Selected text on a page, right-mouse button->Send to CryptoFox option. -Creating checksums for documents/images. -Different GUI options (tab/sidebar) -Make the list of encryptions/options to chose from editable, so that users can add/remove things from it easily. -Configurable hotkeys which apply options on copied text. -Slim down the CryptoFox bar, it's about 70% oversized now. -Make it so that when you click on the dropdown button's text (not the arrows) and enter something (example: "AES") that it autofills/displays options with "AES" in their name.

0 0

Nice work dude. Very handy.

-Yeah the size is large. -md5 attack should support a dictionary with atleast 20000 words.

0 0

spyware wrote: Stuff I thought of;

-Selected text on a page, right-mouse button->Send to CryptoFox option. -Creating checksums for documents/images. -Different GUI options (tab/sidebar) -Make the list of encryptions/options to chose from editable, so that users can add/remove things from it easily. -Configurable hotkeys which apply options on copied text. -Slim down the CryptoFox bar, it's about 70% oversized now. -Make it so that when you click on the dropdown button's text (not the arrows) and enter something (example: "AES" that it autofills/displays options with "AES" in their name.

I'm really thankful for these great ideas. :) About the toolbar height, I made it that large because I wanted the input/output text to be large and in bold! I will change the size and made it normal.

The Blue background of the toolbar is not showing on some people's machines. This CSS issue must be fixed. But I want to know on what versions this is happening and all… So when commenting on this add-on tell me if the interface is like the one in the picture or not and what OS/Firefox version do you have.

0 0

-Yeah the size is large.

Again, it will be minimized. But if you're working on a high resolution screen, you won't find it large.

md5 attack should support a dictionary with atleast 20000 words. It supports a dictionary with as much Mbs as you want. But it would be slow, because remember that the language used here is JavaScript!

0 0

454447415244 wrote: The Blue background of the toolbar is not showing on some people's machines. This CSS issue must be fixed. But I want to know on what versions this is happening and all… So when commenting on this add-on tell me if the interface is like the one in the picture or not and what OS/Firefox version do you have.

For me the blue background of the toolbar is not showing. Rest of the interface is same.

0 0

VERY impressive. good work.

0 0

454447415244 wrote: Using the md5 dictionary crack option is easy. you select it from the drop down list, you paste the md5 hash in the text area and then you click on the Encode/Decode button. Now you are asked to provide the full path of the dictionary. Suppose it is drive C and named words.dic, then you write c:\words.dic or c:words.dic Actually, this extension isn't really designed to do a heavy dictionary attack, but a light one (with some Mbs dictionary) would be fine

I know how to use it, it just never cracks any hashes.

And the background isn't showing up as blue for me either, OS: Debian with fluxbox WM FF Version: Iceweasel (Debian version of FF) 3.0.6

0 0

Maybe, you could add support to load a folder full of smaller dictionaries? Load one file, scan, unload, repeat on new dictionary. This may allow for larger attacks without to much of a problem larger dictionaries would impose.

0 0

Okay, now the version 1.1 is released with GUI improved.

I know how to use it, it just never cracks any hashes.

I tested it on Windows and it worked 100% I must test it on Linux. It might be that the dictionary file is not being loaded. What are you getting?

Maybe, you could add support to load a folder full of smaller dictionaries? Load one file, scan, unload, repeat on new dictionary. This may allow for larger attacks without to much of a problem larger dictionaries would impose.

This is a good idea. It will make the process faster but not more fast!

0 0

454447415244 wrote: I tested it on Windows and it worked 100% I must test it on Linux. It might be that the dictionary file is not being loaded. What are you getting?

It just waits for a few seconds like its cracking the hash then it gives me "Couldn't find the password!". Could it possibly be a compatability problem with CRLF's and LF's?

And I've downloaded then next version, the background isn't blue, but the text is much easier to read.

0 0

It just waits for a few seconds like its cracking the hash then it gives me "Couldn't find the password!". Could it possibly be a compatability problem with CRLF's and LF's?

And I've downloaded then next version, the background isn't blue, but the text is much easier to read.

Hmm… I was having problems concerning this on Windows, and I filtered the input file like this:

var pattern = /\W+/;
output = output.split(pattern);

About the color. I removed the blue background and made the font black for now, just that people can use it without it being annoying.

0 0

454447415244 wrote: About the color. I removed the blue background and made the font black for now, just that people can use it without it being annoying.

That's better.