Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Pascal or C++

0 0

hi everyone, can anyone tell me from which language should I start to learn? I am a flash developer, I do action script, but hacking and stuff is completely different from designing and building sites. So from which language should I start to learn if I want to go in depth in programming and hacking? Pascal or C++? thanks for your time.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Ben_dh wrote: hacking and stuff is completely different from designing and building sites. It's not that different unless the sites you're talking about are shitty and vulnerable.

So from which language should I start to learn if I want to go in depth in programming and hacking? Pascal or C++? thanks for your time. The best language you can learn is the one you feel most comfortable with. Try each, and then decide. If you still can't figure it out, flip a coin. The language really doesn't make that much difference as long as you understand the concepts and the logic.

0 0

Ben_dh wrote: hi everyone, can anyone tell me from which language should I start to learn? I am a flash developer, I do action script, but hacking and stuff is completely different from designing and building sites. So from which language should I start to learn if I want to go in depth in programming and hacking? Pascal or C++? thanks for your time.

My mother knows Pascal(no joke) - So unless you want to be like my mother, go for C++.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Dynamic wrote: My mother knows Pascal(no joke) - So unless you want to be like my mother, go for C++.

What kind of moronic reasoning is that? Oh…I just answered my own question.

0 0

ynori7 wrote: [quote]Dynamic wrote: My mother knows Pascal(no joke) - So unless you want to be like my mother, go for C++.

What kind of moronic reasoning is that? Oh…I just answered my own question.[/quote]

Now now, Don't be harsh.. It's totally cool with me if he wants to be like my mother..

0 0

ynori7 wrote: It's not that different unless the sites you're talking about are shitty and vulnerable.

Since I am a flash developer, the sites I am talking about are Flash sites which uses action script and little bit php. Does that makes any difference?

The best language you can learn is the one you feel most comfortable with. Try each, and then decide. If you still can't figure it out, flip a coin. The language really doesn't make that much difference as long as you understand the concepts and the logic.

I feel comfortable with Pascal, but as people say it is for school pupils, so it makes me think that it is not a good language to start with if I want to go in depth.

0 0

Dynamic wrote:

My mother knows Pascal(no joke) - So unless you want to be like my mother, go for C++.

That is cool. But just knowing some basic syntax in Pascal does not mean that they know Pascal. If you know what I mean. and Thanks for your suggestion. :happy:

0 0

Ben_dh wrote: I feel comfortable with Pascal, but as people say it is for school pupils, so it makes me think that it is not a good language to start with if I want to go in depth.

Duh, That's because schools are outdated.

0 0

Ben_dh wrote: [quote]Dynamic wrote:

That is cool. But just knowing some basic syntax in Pascal does not mean that they know Pascal. If you know what I mean. [/quote]

I know what you mean, and my mother still knows pascal..

0 0

I know what you mean, and my mother still knows pascal..

haha then that is something you should be proud of.

0 0

Ben_dh wrote: [quote]I know what you mean, and my mother still knows pascal..

haha then that is something you should be proud of. [/quote]

Sigh, it seems my point didn't get in.

0 0

Sigh, it seems my point didn't get in.

I could just start from C++, you know at times people feel incapable.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Dynamic wrote: Sigh, it seems my point didn't get in. The fact that something is old doesn't make it bad. Brainfuck is more recent than C++, but it's definitely not better.

0 0

My friend has a book… it is called C++ in 21 days. It's basically a 21 day class with a book as a teacher and you're the only student.

That's the basics, and some slightly more advanced stuff such as object oriented programming, all in three weeks.

Its not a waste of time, because you get a good grasp on a popular language, and if you dont like it then you still understand the logic of programming and know what kind of language would be better for you.

0 0

ynori7 wrote: [quote]Dynamic wrote: Sigh, it seems my point didn't get in. The fact that something is old doesn't make it bad. Brainfuck is more recent than C++, but it's definitely not better.[/quote]

No, but the fact that something is old, usually means it's outdated.

Banned
0 0

Dynamic wrote: No, but the fact that something is old, usually means it's outdated.

Hello, you must be new here.

0 0

spyware wrote: Hello, you must be new here.

I guess you could say that.. but what makes you say that?

0 0

So because Pytagoras is old it is useless?

0 0

ctrl_ wrote: So because Pytagoras is old it is useless?

I did say usually..

0 0

No (knowlegde) is useless just because it's old. New knowlegde is most likely based old one, so you end up learning something anyways.

And with computer programming it dosn't matter that much if it is outdated when you are learning it, aslong as you learn the logic behind programming.

0 0

Since you were talking about web development and such you might want to try PHP. You will learn programming logic and you will be able to expand your knowledge of web development. You will want to know the basics of HTML before you begin but it is very simple.