Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Perl/Perl2Exe problem...

0 0

Hello, In short, I coded a Win32 GUI program in Perl. It is interpreted and run correctly without any kind of error. The main feature of the code is that it posts something to a website form using the WWW:Mechanize module.

When I convert this Perl code (don't want to say compile) to an executable file using Perl2Exe, I run it, click the post button and get an error like "There is no form with the requested fields at lineā€¦". => Of course, this posting issue has something to do with the Mechanize module. I have the latest release of this module (1.54) + the latest ActivePerl release (ActivePerl-5.10.0.1004) + the latest Perl2Exe release (9.1).

I used Perl2Exe a while ago, converted a similar code functionality of the one mentioned above and everything worked fine. The only difference is that there might be some modules and libraries change. I tried to reinstall all the Perl and the modules again but still have the same problem.

Any ideas? Have someone before encountered a similar problem?

*I don't want to hear the "Windows sucks" and the "use TAR instead of Perl2Exe" phrases, because this application is intended for Windows users.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Perl just doesn't compile or convert, as you say, very well. Try different "compilers".

Perl2Exe used to work before.

The Manager
0 0

have you attempted using par and LWP::UserAgent in place of your current configuration?

0 0

AldarHawk wrote: have you attempted using par and LWP::UserAgent in place of your current configuration?

Since 2006, I use WWW:Mechanize. I'm used to it. I didn't test if the LWP::UserAgent module works with Perl2Exe (I will do), but I don't need to change my already made applications (thousands lines of code) to it. As for PAR, I didn't test it before if it can make executable files for windows. But the thing is that I don't usually like to mask the problems/errors and run away. That's why I want to solve the Perl2Exe issue and know its reasons since I used to use it and everything used to work fine.

Anyways, this might be a compatibility problem between Perl2Exe and some new Perl modules. I'll talk to the staff.