Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

[C++] Memory scanner

0 0

Hello, I've been trying and researching how to make a trainer in C++. Having a knowledge over pointers and basic GUI I thought I could make one, which I can besides one small detail. Every tutorial that I found explains how to write to an address however they never explain how to get the address (I know how to get it using Cheat Engine for example you can easily find the address but that kills the purpose of the trainer…) thus I want my trainer to be finding the address by itself. I assume that I have to write a memory scanner however I don't really have a clue on where to start. Making a loop which checks for some specific value (e.g. "0" ) in a memory range 0 - 2gb ram will return too many results which doesn't make this an option. I can't really think of other ways =/

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 0

I have never written a trainer before so I am just theorizing on this. If you to watch for the variables you wanted to change in ollydbg and make a note of where the variables are stored in relation to the start of the program. It might then be possible to just look for the start of the program in memory, workout the new addresses and change their values. However, this is probably too simple.