Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

What should i do next?

0 0

I have been learning C and C++ over the last few years…

My problem is i don't know where to go next. I know how to use pointers, classes etc… in C++ but i haven't written an actual program, only assigments from the university(calculating arithmetic means, mean deviation etc)…

I have thought of joining some opensource project but i do not have prior experience…

Thank you

0 0

Don't you have any ideas for a useful application? Anything?

It might be better to get some extra practice before joining a larger project ;)

0 0

Well I have thought of making an IRC program but i don't know how to start :p

Retired
10 0

Sockets.

0 0

SSJ5 wrote: Well I have thought of making an IRC program but i don't know how to start :p

The first thing you should do is to read how an IRC program works, then you can think how to do it…

0 0

I have been using Mirc for a long time (in past i have written many scripts for Mirc)

I have also read a document about RFC, a friend suggested it to me

Banned
0 0

SSJ5 wrote: I have been using Mirc for a long time (in past i have written many scripts for Mirc)

1. mIRC. Not "Mirc", which looks completely ridiculous.
  2. Windows only. Lol.
  3. Not sure what your post has ANYTHING to do with this thread.

@OP: I suggest reading the source of small IRC clients. Click meeeeeeeee. Also, don't attempt GUI (at this point). Not worth the time.

Edit:

I have also read a document about RFC, a friend suggested it to me

A document about RFC? Don't you mean the IRC RFC (1459)? I bet you do.