Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Uber0n Email Spoofer

0 0

Hi everyone.

I guess I'm not the only one here who has ever wanted to spoof an email, but failed to find a good server to use through Telnet or downloaded spoofing software that doesn't work.

Therefore I developed my own spoofer application last year, and since I released version 2.0.1 just a few days ago I thought it'd be a good idea to post it here as well.

Features: Send a single spoofed email to any recipient Send multiple (up to 10 000) copies of an email to any recipient Send a single copy of an email to all email addresses in a list file Send multiple (up to 10 000) copies of an email to each address in a list file

Note that this application is meant for legal purposes only and that I take no responsibility for what you do with it. The ridiculously high amount limits are there just because I had to set a number, and I figured there'll never be a reason to send over 10 000 emails at once even if you're stress testing your own email server.

For those of you who are interested in some technical details, Uber0n Email Spoofer comes pre-configured for using an SMTP server using open relay which is located in France. The application is developed in Visual Basic .NET and requires a Windows computer with the .NET framework installed to run.

Please tell me what you think of this application and tell me if you have any ideas for improvement :)

Uber0n Email Spoofer 2.0.1 can be downloaded at: http://www.freewebs.com/uber0n/dlcomm.htm

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

wow sweet, it actually works :) I've been struggling with same problem with quite a while, so yeah big thanks. Is there any possibility of including the source, so we can have a look…:happy: Other then that, why it connects on http port, rather then smtp? Also open relay–>usually junk folder:( And lastly couple of ideas: how about allowing attachments and also alternative server configuration?

0 0

Awesome, works great. Just sent an email to my yahoo account. If you need to spoof an email, there is one good graphical way. Later, kudos to Uber0n. Thanks.

0 0

Sweet nice job :P. Is there any way you could PM me the source code to it or post a link to it. Just wanna see it because I have been learning visual basic recently :D.

0 0

pretty nice and definitely easy to use. a time header might be useful but other than that i didn't see anything wrong with it.

0 0

clone4 wrote: wow sweet, it actually works :) I've been struggling with same problem with quite a while, so yeah big thanks. You're welcome :)

Is there any possibility of including the source, so we can have a look…:happy: I'm sorry, but I won't publish the source code for this application before it's completely finished. It's somewhere between beta state and final state; and that's where you guys who are testing it right now come in ;)

Other then that, why it connects on http port, rather then smtp? Yup. I consider that a good thing, since the HTTP port is very seldom blocked by firewalls.

Also open relay–>usually junk folder:( That totally depends on which sender address you specify, but for example sending from a hotmail address to another hotmail address will probably result in the mail ending up in the spam folder unless the sender's address is added as a trusted address. Without open relay the spoofer wouldn't be very useful.

And lastly couple of ideas: how about allowing attachments and also alternative server configuration? Attachments is a no-no on the current server (sad, I know ^^ but that's the way it is). Alternate configuration could be implemented, but I've tried to keep this as simple as possible in order to not confuse users who don't understand this kind of things very well… I'll think about it ^^

0 0

skathgh420 wrote: Sweet nice job :P. Is there any way you could PM me the source code to it or post a link to it. Just wanna see it because I have been learning visual basic recently :D. I will release the source, but not yet ;) I want to make sure there are no bugs before giving it out. I'll post on HBH once the source code goes public.

0 0

Aah. I remember when you were putting the first version together. ^^

Banned
0 0

I know -many- people who don't download & run precompiled binaries.

Now, it doesn't really matter because we're talking about relative simplistic applications, but you really should make a habit of releasing SOURCE instead of binaries.

Also, /VBrant. Hackers really shouldn't code in shitty IDE's and languages like Visual Basic.

0 0

spyware wrote: Also, /VBrant. Hackers really shouldn't code in shitty IDE's and languages like Visual Basic.

If it works and you're on a Windows computer with .NET framework, why not? The fact that it's slower than some other languages doesn't really matter in this case as the connection is the slowest part.

0 0

spyware wrote: I know -many- people who don't download & run precompiled binaries.

Now, it doesn't really matter because we're talking about relative simplistic applications, but you really should make a habit of releasing SOURCE instead of binaries. I know, however I think people here know me well enough to trust me. If you don't want to try it until you've seen the source, then don't. I'm just trying to get some simple QA before releasing the source :)

Also, /VBrant. Hackers really shouldn't code in shitty IDE's and languages like Visual Basic. I was waiting for someone to say that :happy: could you please give me an explanation to why VB .NET wouldn't be suitable for this application? It's supposed to use a simple, standard Windows style GUI and just do some HTTP requests based on some input from the user. That means VB is perfect for the task ^^

Banned
0 0

**Uber0n wrote:**I was waiting for someone to say that :happy: could you please give me an explanation to why VB .NET wouldn't be suitable for this application? It's supposed to use a simple, standard Windows style GUI and just do some HTTP requests based on some input from the user. That means VB is perfect for the task ^^

Trapped by Microsoft. Wine only goes so far.

Plus, I've seen people develop the WORST coding habits while programming in a Microsoft IDE.

0 0

spyware wrote: Trapped by Microsoft. Wine only goes so far.

Plus, I've seen people develop the WORST coding habits while programming in a Microsoft IDE.

Still, I agree with Uber0n. For this application it works just fine.

As for coding habits, if you program in several different languages and only use VB for some application every now and then I don't see how you get bad coding habits out of it. Sure, if you code a lot in VB and don't know much about other languages that may be the case.

Banned
0 0

c4p_sl0ck wrote: Still, I agree with Uber0n. For this application it works just fine.

Works just fine under Windows, when you have the correct VB bullshit installed.

0 0

spyware wrote: Trapped by Microsoft. Wine only goes so far. I developed this application because I needed it on a Windows system. Not linux, not a cell phone and not an Etch A Sketch.

VB is great for Windows; and wine's limits aren't really my problem here :p

0 0

spyware wrote: Works just fine under Windows, when you have the correct VB bullshit installed.

Exactly. If you already have the Microsoft shit, you might as well use it. :P

Although Uber0n, when it's finished maybe you can translate it to some other language? ;)

0 0

c4p_sl0ck wrote: Although Uber0n, when it's finished maybe you can translate it to some other language? ;) It already works; rewriting it to work with linux without wine is like building a wheelchair ramp to my door step for cripples who refuse to use the elevator ^^

Seriously though, I might do that just to make those who refuse to dual boot with Windows or use wine (which should most probably work just fine for this application) happy :happy:

0 0

Uber0n wrote: It already works; rewriting it to work with linux without wine is like building a wheelchair ramp to my door step for cripples who refuse to use the elevator ^^

Seriously though, I might do that just to make those who refuse to dual boot with Windows or use wine (which should most probably work just fine for this application) happy :happy:

And it's always funny to see what problems you run into when trying to translate it. :happy: I was doing some stuff for school in Flash and ActionScript. First I had it in ActionScript 2.0 but decided to translate it to 3.0, it took some time. ^^

Banned
0 0

**c4p_sl0ck wrote:**And it's always funny to see what problems you run into when trying to translate it. :happy: I was doing some stuff for school in Flash and ActionScript. First I had it in ActionScript 2.0 but decided to translate it to 3.0, it took some time. ^^

The Adobe flash plug-in is non-free software, and people should not install it, or suggest installing it, or even tell people it exists. - Richard Stallman

0 0

spyware wrote: The Adobe flash plug-in is non-free software, and people should not install it, or suggest installing it, or even tell people it exists. - Richard Stallman

Yeah, well. I believe a great majority of the people using the Internet already know that Flash exists. :ninja:

0 0

Going off topic makes my avatar dance.

0 0

Uber0n wrote: Going off topic makes my avatar dance.

Let's carry on then! xD

But yeah, I agree with Uberon. There's nothing wrong with VB for simple applications. I write lots a simple programs in VB, if I'm going to only use them myself, if they're just simple GUIs or if they don't do anything that needs to be fast. If the speed of a program is significantly important then another language, but in this case it isn't. Complaining about VB is just taking up space that doesn't need to be used.

If you don't like it, don't use it. It's like telling people alcohol is bad, because it brings out bad habits or whatever. If you don't like it, don't drink it.

[Edit] Just used the app. Works lovely. I like the simple layout. GUI is a bit mixed colours. I'm not talking about the bits you've chosen btw. It's the defaults for the "Toolbar" and such. Just my personal preference, though, I don't like the gradient thing on it. Apart from that I'd say it's pretty much perfect :D [/Edit]

Banned
0 0

Sigh. Fire. Death. You all. Now.

When the corporate monsters are going to nineteen eighty-four you, I won't be there to hold your hands.

You have been warned. Again.

Have fun spoofing e-mail addresses.

0 0

spyware wrote: Sigh. Fire. Death. You all. Now.

When the corporate monsters are going to nineteen eighty-four you, I won't be there to hold your hands.

You have been warned. Again.

Have fun spoofing e-mail addresses. Come on, you must have some good arguments left…? :right:

0 0

x_5631 wrote: Just used the app. Works lovely. I like the simple layout. GUI is a bit mixed colours. I'm not talking about the bits you've chosen btw. It's the defaults for the "Toolbar" and such. Just my personal preference, though, I don't like the gradient thing on it. Apart from that I'd say it's pretty much perfect :D Thanks! Yes, I've noticed that as well - and for some reason the TabControl colours can't be modified >.< it looks a bit strange when some controls are white and some light grey…

0 0

while we're on the subject of vb sucking, why were half the application missions written in vb? it made that half insanely simple (though they were prolly simple in olly, i just never opened them in there).

0 0

Why the program doesn't work with me?! Message sending always fails… On which port it works? HTTP?

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]454447415244 wrote: Why the program doesn't work with me?! Message sending always fails… On which port it works? HTTP? Not looked at the program, but I should imagine it's 25.[/quote] Nope, it actually runs over port 80. The reason for this is that it sends the email(s) as HTTP requests to a web server, which in turn connects to the SMTP server.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]454447415244 wrote: Why the program doesn't work with me?! Message sending always fails… On which port it works? HTTP? Not looked at the program, but I should imagine it's 25.[/quote]

Nope it does requests via port 80…

0 0

Then, it might be something from my ISP…

0 0

Uber0n wrote: [quote]x_5631 wrote: Just used the app. Works lovely. I like the simple layout. GUI is a bit mixed colours. I'm not talking about the bits you've chosen btw. It's the defaults for the "Toolbar" and such. Just my personal preference, though, I don't like the gradient thing on it. Apart from that I'd say it's pretty much perfect :D Thanks! Yes, I've noticed that as well - and for some reason the TabControl colours can't be modified >.< it looks a bit strange when some controls are white and some light grey…[/quote]

It does have a few presets though, check the "Appearance" property in the Behavior properties.

and With "MenuStrip" [at least I think that's what it's called] you can change the property "RenderMode" or something like that.. in the Appearance properties.

0 0

x_5631 wrote: It does have a few presets though, check the "Appearance" property in the Behavior properties. Only font, cursor, RightToLeft and such… Nothing for colours >.<

and With "MenuStrip" [at least I think that's what it's called] you can change the property "RenderMode" or something like that.. in the Appearance properties. Oh, I didn't understand that's what you meant ^^ I've fixed it now. Will be implemented in release 2.1.1 along with some other minor changes :)

0 0

Uber0n wrote: [quote]x_5631 wrote: It does have a few presets though, check the "Appearance" property in the Behavior properties. Only font, cursor, RightToLeft and such… Nothing for colours >.< [/quote]

You can change the colour of individual tabs, I'm not saying you should by the way.. just letting you know. It is a shame you can't change the colour of the TabControl though. What I meant in my other post is the actual property "Appearance" it's in the behavior section for some reason, not the appearance section. There's "Normal", "Buttons" and "FlatButtons". Just different styles of TabControl, incase you wanted them. Not sure I made it clear what I meant in my last post lol

Hope I could be of help :]

0 0

x_5631 wrote: You can change the colour of individual tabs, I'm not saying you should by the way.. just letting you know. It is a shame you can't change the colour of the TabControl though. What I meant in my other post is the actual property "Appearance" it's in the behavior section for some reason, not the appearance section. There's "Normal", "Buttons" and "FlatButtons". Just different styles of TabControl, incase you wanted them. Not sure I made it clear what I meant in my last post lol

Hope I could be of help :] Thanks once again ^^ I guess I'll go for FlatButtons; even if it won't let me change the colour manually it's grey instead of white :p

0 0

Uber0n wrote: [quote]x_5631 wrote: You can change the colour of individual tabs, I'm not saying you should by the way.. just letting you know. It is a shame you can't change the colour of the TabControl though. What I meant in my other post is the actual property "Appearance" it's in the behavior section for some reason, not the appearance section. There's "Normal", "Buttons" and "FlatButtons". Just different styles of TabControl, incase you wanted them. Not sure I made it clear what I meant in my last post lol

Hope I could be of help :] Thanks once again ^^ I guess I'll go for FlatButtons; even if it won't let me change the colour manually it's grey instead of white :p[/quote]

haha Yeah, that's the one I use. No problem, nice to know I could be helpful :]

0 0

Does this application works if the user is connected to the internet through a proxy? Does it auto-detect the proxy settings? If not, then I think that a proxy option should be added to the software.

0 0

454447415244 wrote: Does this application works if the user is connected to the internet through a proxy? Does it auto-detect the proxy settings? If not, then I think that a proxy option should be added to the software. Proxy support has been added :happy: however it already goes through the HTTP server before reaching the SMTP server (meaning a spoofed email can't be traced directly by the recipient), but an extra proxy in between is a good option for extra security.

Admin from hell
0 0

Pretty sweet there Uber0n, Nice job if you ask me.

0 0

Works great Uber0n!

0 0

Thanks korg and Sabrewulf :) if anyone has any more ideas for the spoofer please post them here as soon as possible, because I'm thinking of releasing the source code later on today.

0 0

What happened to the good old days, where email spoofing involved connecting to a mail server via telnet and saying "helo" to the server?

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

backslash wrote: What happened to the good old days, where email spoofing involved connecting to a mail server via telnet and saying "helo" to the server?

Maybe because only shitty not working servers are available, that was the reason for writing this application at the first place, if I recall correctly…

Banned
0 0

backslash wrote: What happened to the good old days, where email spoofing involved connecting to a mail server via telnet and saying "helo" to the server?

Get the FUCK out. You aren't part of the "olde days". Shut up, learn shit.

0 0

clone4 wrote:

Maybe because only shitty not working servers are available, that was the reason for writing this application at the first place, if I recall correctly…

You are quite correct. It's a shame really. However, I my memory serves me correctly, up until very recently you could still do it with Microsoft's mail servers, in fact I think you still can on some of them. I generally use PHP or Perl to mail spoof these days.

0 0

clone4 wrote: Maybe because only shitty not working servers are available, that was the reason for writing this application at the first place, if I recall correctly…

backslash wrote: You are quite correct. It's a shame really. However, I my memory serves me correctly, up until very recently you could still do it with Microsoft's mail servers, in fact I think you still can on some of them. I generally use PHP or Perl to mail spoof these days. Correct clone4 ^^ I believe hotmail hasn't allowed that at all the latest years… At least not supporting open relay :angry: I'm curious backslash, do you have any good SMTP servers to share?

-cL: Thanks man ^^

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

Oh and btw any chance of increasing the character count, 600 isn't that much to work with:(

Also I guess because of the http server, it can't cope with some less usual characters…

0 0

clone4 wrote: Oh and btw any chance of increasing the character count, 600 isn't that much to work with:( Set to 30 000 bytes now ^^ I know 32767 is possible, but 30 000 seemed enough to me and might sound less confusing to basic users.

Also I guess because of the http server, it can't cope with some less usual characters… I know :| I can't do anything about that, sorry.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

Uber0n wrote: Set to 30 000 bytes now ^^ I know 32767 is possible, but 30 000 seemed enough to me and might sound less confusing to basic users.

Sweet! Seems you thought of everything:)

I know :| I can't do anything about that, sorry.

That's a shame, do you think there might be a way to encode some of the characters?

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Uber0n wrote: [quote]clone4 wrote: Oh and btw any chance of increasing the character count, 600 isn't that much to work with:( Set to 30 000 bytes now ^^ I know 32767 is possible, but 30 000 seemed enough to me and might sound less confusing to basic users.

Also I guess because of the http server, it can't cope with some less usual characters… I know :| I can't do anything about that, sorry.[/quote]

No way you can UTF-8 encode the text being sent?

0 0

system_meltdown wrote: No way you can UTF-8 encode the text being sent? I already do, but it still messes up >.<

markupDim byteArray As Byte() = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(postData)

0 0

Version 2.1.1 is now released on http://uber0n.darkillusion.org/dlcomm.htm!

Changes:

¤ Mails can now be up to 30 000 bytes instead of 600 bytes ¤ A settings tab has been added ¤ Support for proxy server ¤ A delay can be added between each mail ¤ The GUI has been improved ¤ The code has been slightly optimized And finally, the source code has been released!

The next version will let also you save your configuration in a text file, but please tell me if you have any more ideas! Perhaps you'll come up with something while editing my code :)

0 0

Yay source code. This is a pretty nifty program.

Perhaps one could write a program that would scan for other servers which could be used with this program. This program could even be adapted to share a server list format with that one.

And I have to say, vb can produce poor programming habits. I spent three years in school with vb, but as soon as I took a good look at python I switched. It wasn't until then that I started to understand class structure, different types of inheritance and program design a little. VB is still really nice for event oriented programming, and has to be one of the most effective ways to put together a windows GUI. But as someone that prefers the flexibility of the command line and the versatility of linux it's not for me. Plus, the for loops in VB are ugly.

Anyway the point is, nice program. It would be cool to see it taken a step farther, like multiple servers etc. :)

0 0

Awesome program dude !

0 0

digitalchameleon wrote: Anyway the point is, nice program. It would be cool to see it taken a step farther, like multiple servers etc. :) As long as this server is running I can't see the benefit of having multiple servers… But if you could find some more servers just post them here and I'll add them into the next version B)

Banned
0 0

Sigh. This is a fucking hackers' forum. If you have the source, and you want to see features added, why don't -you- do it?

Even if you don't know VB/C# yet, it's very easy to pick up.

0 0

spyware wrote: Sigh. This is a fucking hackers' forum. If you have the source, and you want to see features added, why don't -you- do it? I requested ideas, not code. I just said that people might get ideas while editing the code, not that I want others to code stuff and send their code to me.

Even if you don't know VB/C# yet, it's very easy to pick up. ¤ spyware casts sarcasm spell against Uber0n. ¤ Spell missed.

Banned
0 0

Uber0n wrote: Stuff

You open-sourced without license. If people want to fork/edit, let them.

Edit

¤ spyware casts sarcasm spell against Uber0n. ¤ Spell missed.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

0 0

My level 5 maug enters the room. The maug compliments Uber0n and retreats.

0 0

spyware wrote: You open-sourced without license. If people want to fork/edit, let them. Of course I'll let people do whatever they want; otherwise I wouldn't have released the source (quite obvious, huh?) and I was still only asking for ideas, but I'm sure you find this "discussion" entertaining enough to continue anyway.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I knew you'd say that :happy:

0 0

Hi again everyone, version 2.2.1 of Uber0n Email Spoofer is almost finished now!

It now supports other SMTP servers (not just the hard coded configuration) and thereby sending emails with attachments will also be possible if a server which supports this is specified.

PS. if anyone knows of a good SMTP server supporting open relay, please post it here so that I can hard code it into the application :)

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

MoshBat wrote: You know, I doubt it, but could you create a Linux version of this handy piece of software?

well you've got the source, what does block you?

0 0

MoshBat wrote: You know, I doubt it, but could you create a Linux version of this handy piece of software? I'll probably stick to developing this for Windows (although who knows what happens when I get really bored one day…)

clone4 wrote: well you've got the source, what does block you? Good point, it's just a few web requests to a HTTP server, a GUI (and in the next version some direct connections to SMTP servers). Shouldn't be hard at all if you're used to coding :)

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Have you ever tried making a half decent GUI in perl? Can't be arsed setting up the correct libs over here, to be honest. Nope.

Also, I have not yet reached the level where I'm too cool to appreciate how easy it is to make a GUI in VB :happy: maybe spyware can make one for you.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Erm. I'll just use PHP. Sounds like a good idea :D

0 0

You know…I haven't tried it yet but they say Mono has come a long way…(Mono being the .NET framework port for Linux), maybe it could run under Mono in Linux with no changes? Just an idea…

0 0

JPierce420 wrote: You know…I haven't tried it yet but they say Mono has come a long way…(Mono being the .NET framework port for Linux), maybe it could run under Mono in Linux with no changes? Just an idea…

I doubt there would be no changes. Windows and Linux are rarely exactly the same. Maybe wouldn't require too big of an effort though, I don't know.