Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

free php editor??

0 0

Does anyone know of any free php editors (other than notepad lol)

Banned
0 0

Notepad++

0 0

i meant a full time php editor lol (that can actually run the scripts, and tell me where i have made mistakes in syntax)

Just tell me if i cant get one for free, then i guess i will be stuck with notepad++ :(

...Legend?
0 0

Aptana Studio is my personal choice, I would definatly recommend this.

0 0

Personally I like komodo edit, its free, multilingual, corrects syntax. Nice to have because you can do almost any project in it.

Definitely worth checking out.

0 0

i never really search for a php ide because i use a text editor and my linux shell.

0 0

Yeah, me too. Only problem is if you want to run a script for a long time, it gets terminated after a while. Of course you can change the config but it's good to have it for other scripts. :P

0 0

yeah, lol… i never passed 5 minuts for a script execution…

0 0

I have thought of making a script that would browse through web pages and collect information. Just keep running in the background without anyone noticing. :ninja:

Banned
0 0

c4p_sl0ck wrote: I have thought of making a script that would browse through web pages and collect information. Just keep running in the background without anyone noticing. :ninja:

Building a crawler in PHP is stuuuuuupid. Go with C(++)/Perl/Python.

0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]c4p_sl0ck wrote: I have thought of making a script that would browse through web pages and collect information. Just keep running in the background without anyone noticing. :ninja:

Building a crawler in PHP is stuuuuuupid. Go with C(++)/Perl/Python.[/quote]

Perhaps, but I doubt I will code anything like that any time soon. Got too much else to do.

0 0

use vim, it needs some dedication but now i really cant live without this handy tool

esc set syntax=php to set it php

0 1

the NetBeans IDE is supposed to be excellent if you can get your head around it.

has some excellent php and javascript debugging.

doesnt have FTP support, but i think theres plugins you can install for it.

I prefer the E editor. its not sure if its free or not. has some great features. worth checking out their website: http://www.e-texteditor.com/

0 0

Uber0n wrote: ConTEXT is wonderful if you're using Windows.

http://contexteditor.org/

It sure is. However, when you start it, it doesn't get the normal focus for some reason. It's focused but still it's not. Hard to describe. :P It's nothing vital anyways.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Whatever happened to Notepad(++) and a server???

I basically do it like that, though I use ConTEXT or emacs instead of Notepad++. But it is annoying when you screw something up and you have to put a little echo here, echo there to find out where it goes wrong. When that happens it would be nice with a good debugger.

0 0

Sadly, the tabs get all messed up running it in wine gedit works ok. I use Netbeans now but still debug using localhost. I also disabled code hinting that gets really obnoxious after awhile, "I KNOW WHAT GOES IN ECHO DAMN IT SHUT UP"…../end mini rant

0 0

p4plus2 wrote: Sadly, the tabs get all messed up running it in wine gedit works ok. I use Netbeans now but still debug using localhost. I also disabled code hinting that gets really obnoxious after awhile, "I KNOW WHAT GOES IN ECHO DAMN IT SHUT UP"…../end mini rant

Yeah, tabs can screw things up. Then it is an advantage if the editor converts tabs to spaces. Though that is not optimal either. :(

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Text editor for Linux and XAMPP. Jesus… It will probably make it a fuck load easier. Running WINE is a waste of time when it's just as easy, if not less resource consuming, hosting a server, editing files with a text editor, saving and pressing f5 in your browser of choice…

F5 is a good button. :) Though I certainly see the advantages of an IDE, I think I'll stick with text editor and browser.

As for running WINE, I totally agree that it seems a little unnecessary as there isn't really a lack of text editors out there that will work.

0 0

I went with manual not XAMPP I think I will live though :P As for text editor wise I'm satisfied with what I have as long as code hinting is off. I use gedit(my default text editor) for small quick scripts, netbeans for larger. As for wine I try to use that for HBH challenges a lot such as rooting 3 and apps which are windows only. So wine is needed here and there.