Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

little question about setting up php

0 0

Hey all just have a question here, I am going to start learning php and I'm downloading the php program and it asks which web server would i like to use, well me being me i (sadly) have no clue what the would be the best choice to pick, so if someone could give a little help it would be appreciated.

Thanks

thehare

Banned
0 0

Stop what you are doing, install WinLAMP instead.

In about half a year you can answer your own questions.

0 0

alright ill try WinLamp

0 0

Sorry mate but just ONE more question, do i download the mini version or the full size.

Sorry for the inconvenience

EDIT: NVM ill just get full version

Banned
0 0

thehare wrote: Sorry mate but just ONE more question, do i download the mini version or the full size.

Two flavors: Full-size and Mini

If you simply need to install Apache and PHP, download the Mini version of WinLAMP. It is an 11MB file. It installs Apache 2.0.58 and PHP 5.14, and nothing else.

If, however, you want the classic Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl, and GUI options as described below, download the full version. It is 60MB, and includes documentation options.

Taken directly from the WinLAMPs sourceforge page. If space isn't a problem, and you aren't afraid of tinkering with things you don't fully understand, go with the full install. Don't bother with the SQL until you've picked up on the basics of PHP though.

Also, browse through the Apache configuration file. Don't edit anything, but just be aware of the possible choices. Do the same with the PHP.

0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]thehare wrote: Sorry mate but just ONE more question, do i download the mini version or the full size.

Two flavors: Full-size and Mini

If you simply need to install Apache and PHP, download the Mini version of WinLAMP. It is an 11MB file. It installs Apache 2.0.58 and PHP 5.14, and nothing else.

If, however, you want the classic Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl, and GUI options as described below, download the full version. It is 60MB, and includes documentation options.

Taken directly from the WinLAMPs sourceforge page. If space isn't a problem, and you aren't afraid of tinkering with things you don't fully understand, go with the full install. Don't bother with the SQL until you've picked up on the basics of PHP though.

Also, browse through the Apache configuration file. Don't edit anything, but just be aware of the possible choices. Do the same with the PHP.[/quote]

Alright thanks for the help

0 0

When i decided to learn php, instead of installing llamp, i've installed an apache server, php and mysql server support… However, i also tried XAMPP and similar thing and have proved it is also an excellent choice.

The Manager
0 0

another good way to go about this (if you do not want to install servers on your computer) is just sign up for a free hosting site (freehostia, awardspace, izfree, etc…) and do your tinkering there :)

0 0

AldarHawk wrote: another good way to go about this (if you do not want to install servers on your computer) is just sign up for a free hosting site (freehostia, awardspace, izfree, etc…) and do your tinkering there :)

True, those can do just as well. But with your own server you can try much more things. And you don't have to use those annoying web interfaces or FTP. :)

0 0

yeah, and with your own server i think you can browse faster your pages…

0 0

Cyph3rHell wrote: yeah, and with your own server i think you can browse faster your pages…

The order you put your words in I like. :P But yeah, often a lot faster. And if you haven't opened the port up in your router, you won't have to worry about someone sneaking up on you when you're trying some dangerous stuff out. :ninja: