Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

image overflow

0 0

I know .tif pictures can contain scripts that allow for overflows etc. But how do you add script to a tif iimage? Or get it to run code? THanks

0 0

I know of ways to contain php in the meta data of any image, but not specifically tifs.

0 0

try using a hex editor and typing the code in, may need to ad dbytes to the end.

0 0

fagitz wrote: I know of ways to contain php in the meta data of any image, but not specifically tifs.

how do you do that?

wolfmankurd wrote: try using a hex editor and typing the code in, may need to ad dbytes to the end.

what do you mean dbytes?

0 0

Well, this isn't a great way to do it, and if the other method works, I'd do that. First, you'll have to read up on php and then you'll be inserting this code into an actual image.

Have the image and open it up in something like notepad, it's then just a case of adding the php to the end of the image and then naming it fdfsdfsd.php.

This may not work for a lot of situations, since most things will disallow any .php extensions. This is only useful because it's still actually an image, and because of this, hotornot.com was exploited due to the fact it only checked if it was an image (didn't check extensions). When the server came to it, it saw it as fsjfslsdf.php and ran it.