Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Port Scanners

0 0

Hey, i wanted to start this threat to see your oppinions, so what do you think are the best port scanners. And wich ones do you use???? I think "Micro Net Utilities". Since there are many, i rather not put them down, and ill wait for you's to put yours down. :)

0 0

This has got to be the best ever portscanner its Ub3r 1337 h4ck30R styl3 P0r7 5C43r

0 0

I'm an old-school "Blues Port Scanner" type of person. It's a bit noisy though..

0 0

Tell ya the truth i use bluesportscanner too but I didn't know it was famous or anythign…

0 0

Whats a port scanner ?

I'm kind of a noob, so could someone explain what a port scanner does?

Thanks

• AbSoRb

0 0

A portscanner is a tool that well, scans ports.

You can think of a port as a door in your computer. But it's not like anyone/anything can go through this door. When a program that connects to other computers, whether it be a computer on your network or one across the globe (Internet), it creates a doorway so it can either leave your computer to get to the other or to let the other computer into yours.

A port scanner takes a given IP address and scans it for all those open prots (doors). Once you see what ports are open, you should find out what program is using it. Then, if you'd like to hack the computer, you would need to find an exploit in the program that's using the port. (Sort of like, beating up the program when it tries to kick you out the door.)

By the way, the programs that use ports are referred to as "services."

0 0

I know a lot of people that use BluesPortScanner, i'm not sure if it's famous, but it is quit old.

0 1

blues port scanner is great.

fast, simple, effective.

but if you really want to look indepth into a PC. either use Lan Guard!! (brillant program) or use Nmap.