Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Parental Control doo hickey

0 0

I've got one of those parental control thingees on my computer and it really isn't that much of a problem. I was just wondering if there was a way i can bypass it or maybe get in it to lower the intensity of it. Also, I heard that all a computer's passwords are stored in a *qwl. file? Is the guy smokin' the peace pipe or is that true?

0 0

Is the guy smokin' the peace pipe or is that true? i'm not sure who this guy is or what he's smoking, but it makes me wonder what YOU are smoking

0 1

or just do Ctrl + Alt +del and ewnd task the program.:o

0 0

why dont you do a search for the qwl fles :o may need to what cheese suggested before cracking them , google it

0 0

K first off we can't help you if you don't make your question more specific. Not many of us know what you are talking about when you say "Parental control thingy". But the first step is like cheese said, see if you can bypass it with ctrl+alt+del. If you can't, read up on what it does and see if there are any things that store settings in files that you can edit. Like if it's really simple it stores its settings in a settings file wich you can edit using notepad. If it doesn't check for known exploits for the software. Then try that against it. If you are on windows and you can delete software try to delete it using the control panel and adding/deleting software. And if all that doesn't work, (there are other options but chances are they are too advanced) then just use a linux live cd to boot from. Bye Bye local restrictions.

Now as far as the peace pipe smoking friend of yours was mentioning the .qwl file, he wasn't smoking the peace pipe, he's just missing some theeth cause it's .pwl and not .qwl. Now that would be a great discovery if it was still of any use. The thing is that only works for win 9X machines. The later windows work with a .sam file. Now you have to do alot more effort to get that file. but it's basically the same as the .pwl file meaning it contains user account data inside.

hope this helps, and before you ask questions, read the forum rules, make it as specific possible and try to divide your problem into several smaller problems making questions you can ask google.

Cheers

0 0

I have an article on sam files, check my profile its the one about getting into windows systems….My profile :P

0 0

Press F8 multiple times when you turn on the computer. Go into Safe Mode with Networking and log into administrators account. Run naked. Be free.

0 0

you can start networking on it, but can you access the internet with safe mode with networking?

and it's not nessisarily F8. it depends on your computer. if F8 is not it, i know there are plenty of sites on google that tell you what button for what computer ect.