Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Thoughts on Kali

0 0

Hello everyone, I must say that within my few weeks of being on the site I am enjoying the community immensely and want to see it and help it grow! That being said, I wanted to pose the question: What do you think of Kali Linux. Or in a more broad sense, what OS's,VM's or distros (if running linux) do you prefer. Thanks for any input, Cisco thumbs up

Evil Sorcerer
4,025 18

Kali Linux is a nice OS very useful and a must have in your tool kit.

"Or in a more broad sense, what OS's,VM's or distros (if running linux) do you prefer."

It would all depend on what use case you were looking for, for web server I would go with Fedora.

0 0

Hey thanks for the reply! I am teaching myself how to Kali Linux and utilize its broad arrangement of tools, very useful I think. And Fedora for a server, I will have to research this one more in depth, thanks. :D Any opinion on virtual machines? i.e. preferred Vm and what you usually run on it/use it for.. just curious to see what others are running as im setting up my own..

0 0

I use virtual box

0 0

Scar0ptics wrote: I use virtual box

Pretty sure that's not an OS.

0 0

What virtual machine I prefer?

Answer: Virtual Box

I never specified an OS, so do you know the difference between an OS and VM?

Evil Sorcerer
4,025 18

LOL

Yeah I use VirtualBox its the best free option out there:)

0 0

Agreed, Ive found i prefer virtual box over any other VM right now.. especially for the price.. ;) Also thanks for the replies! Im happy to find active individuals.. :) Another question: What are some general first things you download to your Linux box after downloading? i.e Wine, Emacs..etc..

0 0

Scar0ptics wrote: What virtual machine I prefer?

Answer: Virtual Box

I never specified an OS, so do you know the difference between an OS and VM?

Oops, yep you were right. Didn't read the post correctly.

0 0

I figured that was the case.