Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Reposting: Recent Uber bounties!

0 0

On reddit the guys, @r0t1v, @fjreis, @fabiopirespt, published their write up of their successful bounty claims. Link: https://web.archive.org/web/20160623140507/https://labs.integrity.pt/articles/uber-hacking-how-we-found-out-who-you-are-where-you-are-and-where-you-went/

Once again, someone scored big $ from some seemingly simple concepts (they said they've gotten $18k so far). Readying through the article blow me away! So ya, I wanted to share because it was cool, and had motivated me. Maybe it will for some of you too, or at least enlighten your pitch black, dead beat hearts.

10 9

I remember reading this when it was new, it has a nice breakdown of the step by step process taken when exploring a target fully in the search for possible avenues of exploitation.

It also highlights an important point, that just because thousands of people have attempted to exploit a target before you, it doesn't mean you're wasting your time or energy by trying to find holes by yourself, everything has vulnerabilities, and anyone can find them, even you.

0 0

Huitzilopochtli wrote: I remember reading this when it was new, it has a nice breakdown of the step by step process taken when exploring a target fully in the search for possible avenues of exploitation.

It also highlights an important point, that just because thousands of people have attempted to exploit a target before you, it doesn't mean you're wasting your time or energy by trying to find holes by yourself, everything has vulnerabilities, and anyone can find them, even you.

Inspirational

10 9

"I just can't believe that no one has ever found that vulnerability before now"

Every pentester I know has uttered those words man, every single one,  I shit you not.

0 0

Huitzilopochtli wrote: [quote]"I just can't believe that no one has ever found that vulnerability before now"

Every pentester I know has uttered those words man, every single one,  I shit you not.[/quote]

That's good to hear. At first, I though you were quoting yourself or something, and I was about to accuse you of blasphemy, but I digress(not so temporal).

So, I'm curious, how do people find out where, and who are having open bounties? Also, when you do participate in hunting, I assume you "sign up" and use your real IP so they can make sure you're not rekt'in stuff? Or is it that you just start, with no sign up and just diddlydoo your own thing as normal, then report it, etc. Because I'd think that they'd blacklist you if you were just running a crap ton of scans on them otherwise.