Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

AirChat -rebuilding the internet

0 0

So the other day I was looking up how to choose, and setup/build a long range antenna, when I came across a reddit discussing what we could do if the US shut the internet down, or whatever. How we would rebuild our own network without ISP's and the such. Also, i cannot say that I understand how the internet network works, or everything within. So I have no idea if this link is realistic. I did notice that the github hasn't been updated since 2014, but nonetheless.

Link to github -AirChat: https://github.com/lulzlabs/AirChat

**TL;DR **

Airchat is a free communication tool, free as in 'free beer' and free as in 'Jeremy Hammond must be freed'. It doesn't need the internet infrastructure, nor does it need a cellphone network, instead it relies on any available radio link (or any device capable of transmitting audio - we even made a prototype working with light/laser based transmissions).

FURTHERMORE:

If anyone can attest to the concept/theory behind AirChat, please speak up. Also, if anyone knows of something related to the concept, or can explain the process (within reason), please share. I'm curious to know how we could actually pull of such a feat with little resources.

0 0

Seems simple to set up on Windows:

Windows

Install Strawberry Perl >= 5.18 (the portable zip version fits well for example) from http://strawberryperl.com/

Once you get Perl installed, run in your Perl shell: # perl install-modules-airchat-windows.pl

Then install these modules via the cpanplus terminal:

cpanp

CPAN Terminal> i Net::Server –skiptest CPAN Terminal> i HTTP::Server::Simple::CGI::PreFork –skiptest Then install fldigi from: http://www.w1hkj.com/download.html

As long as you have a way of broadcasting a signal over the airwaves (wireless card) and have two PCs' set up and configured to broadcast on the same airwaves it should work. fldigi would have to be on the same channel for point A and B.

I think this is really interesting though. I've never done it, but it sounds like fun.

0 0

Scar0ptics wrote: Seems simple to set up on Windows: I think this is really interesting though. I've never done it, but it sounds like fun.

Aheh, I'm glad you can understand it. Show me the way, master! Yeah, I got excited when I began skimming through the readme. I'll have to try it out once I research it a bit since I have two capable pc's at hand.

0 0
  1. Pick the OS you want to use for both PCs' for now, but later on you could configure two or more PCs' running different Operating Systems and it'll still work as you are just configuring Airchat and the program that controls the broadcast.

Learn how to use Pearl and execute the commands and make sure everything is in the correct directory and once you have Airchat properly installed; install the program that controls the broadcast. Make sure both PCs' are configured for the same channel.