Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Metadata retention.

0 0

So my country just passed legislation to force ISP's into keeping track of internet use. Websites visited, phone calls made, to whom and for how long.

I don't really have much to say, it's easily circumvented using a VPN, but I suspect other countries will try and follow. Just want people to keep an eye out for it if it ever does.

10 9

Its been happening in the UK since the 80's man, your rights to privacy died a long long time ago.

0 0

yeah I know, but this isn't the UK. Ah well, time to go make some tunnels…

Tom, Dick, and Harry I shall call them.

10 9

If you're saying you trust VPN providers to keep your data safe, you'd be better off burying Tom, Dick and Harry's heads in those tunnels.

0 0

I was gonna set up my own VPN through an overseas server, still think it would be an issue?

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

My tunnel provoder claims that they keep no logs, but the small print in their privacy policy implies they log a significant amount of customer data.

Do I think £30 or so a yearwould stop them handing over my data to the cops if asked ?

Not for a fucking second man.

0 0

… if cops ask

ok, so this will be problem if i'm already under investigation, but will it raise the same flags locally before they decide to dig a little deeper. Honestly I'm not looking for complete privacy, just something superficial to make it harder to see my activity.

10 9

A tunnel can increase your level of privacy and mask your activity but only if its set up right, check it's not leaking your DNS or having it will be pointless. https://www.dnsleaktest.com

If you really don't trust your provider then use 2 VPN's, that way you can tunnel your already encrypted connection through another tunnel, just connect to your VPN like normal , and when complete connect to the next one without disconnecting the first.

Or go back to the days of dial up internet and download the Tor bundle. thumbs up

0 0

Huitzilopochtli wrote: A tunnel can increase your level of privacy and mask your activity but only if its set up right, check it's not leaking your DNS or having it will be pointless. https://www.dnsleaktest.com

If you really don't trust your provider then use 2 VPN's, that way you can tunnel your already encrypted connection through another tunnel, just connect to your VPN like normal , and when complete connect to the next one without disconnecting the first.

Or go back to the days of dial up internet and download the Tor bundle. thumbs up

lol, already on TOR =P just thought a VPN would run a little faster. Cheers though, i'll have a look at the dns leak

10 9

Here's your classic example of what happens when you trust others with your privacy.

Hola - Free VPN, Secure Browsing - 47 million users can't be wrong.

http://adios-hola.org/