Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Pentesting tutorials

0 0

Hi, y'all!

For all n00bs and 1337s interested in learning more web hacking, you should not miss PentesterLab.com. It contains free tutorials for learning basic skills.

Today, July 15 2013, they released 'Web For Pentester II' by Louis Nyffenegger. I have already tried it out. You download a .iso-file, start it up in a VM and there you have it! An exploitable web server in the privacy of your own computer. Also it comes with a complete tutorial guide in pdf. If you don't have VMware, you could try VirtualBox or Qemu. Or even install it on a box or drive. It requires 1 GB RAM.

The exercises are:

SQL injections 9 Authentication 6 Captcha 9 Authorization 3 Mass Assignment 3 Randomness Issues 4 MongoDB injection 2

It took me only five minutes to download, start the server and complete exercise one. So it's easy to get started, and its fun!

The fun part, is that the vulnerabilities are really there, so you get good error messages and can perfect your exploit based on them.

For any students out there, I think this free thing could teach you more than going to Las Vegas and pay 1000 USD for a training. I guess there are such a thing as free lunch. They also have a 12 week boot camp with suggested reading material and things to do to learn more about web penetration testing. Also FREE.

I am making a new thread about this, because it was too large for the shoutbox, and to small for an article.

If others know of good resources for perfecting our skills, I would certainly like to hear about it.

0 0

Thanks for sharing the site. It seems quite usefully. :)

0 0

sounds interesting i 'll definately check out this one :)

Broken Ninja
0 11

very nice thanks!

0 1

I've been using this site for quite awhile now. I've learned a ton from this one. Even got it bookmarked.

0 0

Seems very useful, will try it this afternoon!

0 0

Nice

0 0

Thanks for the post! I'll have to check it out.

securitytube has a list of exploitable VMs and some other war games that are great for practicing on it. I've learned a ton from HBH, but I haven't been on much since the points reset a few months back..

0 0

i remeber like 5 years ago i found a php cms/script that is built to be buggy from a to z, had fun finding the bugs in it, some found through direct input/trial and error, and most found through code reading :)

try installing that on a local server and test what you could find, but can not remember what its named and im too lazy to google.