Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

New computer, thoughts

0 0

well, i just built my new desktop, thought i'd share the specs and see what you guys think.

CPU: AMD bulldozer 8 core Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 HDD: 2TB seagate 3.5" RAM: 2x8GB (With slots for another 16) GPU: 7870 2GB powercolour GHZ edition (Space for another one for crossfiring [to-do list ;)]) WIFI: TP-Link Monitor: 2x LG Vesa Ready 21"

currently running 64-bit windows 8 with a fedora dual boot.

WEI analysis (out of 9.9)

Processor - 7.9 RAM - 7.6 Graphics [desktop] - 8.0 Graphics [gaming] - 8.0 HDD transfer rate - 5.9

question is, what shall I do with it? any suggestions? B)

Master Hacker
0 0

You could upgrade it to 32GB RAM? Also, you might want to try to overclock it :P

0 0

32gb ram, isnt that a bit overkill xD

Master Hacker
0 0

Yes, it is :P but the good guy asked what his possibilities are, however 32GB not really necessary is. By the way, do you like windows 8? I tried it, but after a week I installed windows 7 again..

0 0

CypherChain wrote: By the way, do you like windows 8? I tried it, but after a week I installed windows 7 again..

it's growing on me, the compatibility issues are a pain though, other than that it's alright. just different. From what i see it seems faster than windows 7, which is a plus, but that could just be the new computer =P

32gb ram, isnt that a bit overkill xD

and yes it is, but that's why there's only 16 in there at the moment ;) which is still a lot, but ye never know… =D

0 0

SSD

0 0

i would recommend SSD for the operating system … and for me, i would rather go with cluster build, yes i know its a pin in the ass, but would save some money and if not, better performance.

0 -1

-god- wrote: From what i see it seems faster than windows 7, which is a plus, but that could just be the new computer =P

Windows 8 was designed to run on tablets, so it is just naturally very fast. It should take approximately 30 seconds or less to boot Windows 8. With an SSD, the time would probably be cut in half.

755 14

I would defiantly agree with ADIGA, SSD's are amazing.

In my system, using RAID-0 with 2 SSD's created the most noticeable performance improvement. Opening any program is almost instant. With a good internet connection you will find yourself in online games well before anyone else. Rendering video, all that stuff, super quick.

0 0

So far as i can tell, i'm stuck between two options; faster HD, or more space. SSD's are ridiculously expensive over here in Australia =\ so i opted for space.