Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Back

20 0

Just saying Hi to the community.. Again! After being away from the hacking scene for far to long. My old career took up so much of my time I had no time to sit at a computer :( Now I've been made redundant I can get some stuff done :D Oh and by off chance anyone in Kent (UK) knows ANY job vacancys ANYWHERE, let me know.. I'll take ANYTHING :D lol.

0 0

leonheart wrote: Just saying Hi to the community.. Again! After being away from the hacking scene for far to long. My old career took up so much of my time I had no time to sit at a computer :( Now I've been made redundant I can get some stuff done :D Oh and by off chance anyone in Kent (UK) knows ANY job vacancys ANYWHERE, let me know.. I'll take ANYTHING :D lol.

Well, welcome back then!

Too many immigrants coming to the country and too little jobs to find work in the UK too? That's how it is here, over the pond, in my state in the U.S.A. Well, at least with entry level jobs, which really sucks since I'm still in high-school and trying to save up for some certifications to get a decent job in information security . :angry:

Good luck with your job search. :)

0 0

Too many immigrants coming to the country and too little jobs to find work in the UK too? That's how it is here, over the pond, in my state in the U.S.A. Well, at least with entry level jobs, which really sucks since I'm still in high-school and trying to save up for some certifications to get a decent job in information security . :angry:

I'm feeling the same way. I feel like I gotta beef up my BS in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering just to get a look from any of these big companies from what I here the job market is like.

0 0

dopeboimag1k wrote: [quote] snip

I'm feeling the same way. I feel like I gotta beef up my BS in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering just to get a look from any of these big companies from what I here the job market is like.[/quote]

Yeah. I feel like I really need to get a few different certs. Meh, I've always thought it's too bad you have to have a few thousand dollars worth of papers just to show you know something.

0 0

That'll probably my next step after I finish up school. I'm too broke right now to be able afford any type of certifications.

0 0

dopeboimag1k wrote: That'll probably my next step after I finish up school. I'm too broke right now to be able afford any type of certifications.

Right now, I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm paying off tuition for online schooling for high-school. :/

When I start looking into costs for a few different certifications, I was a bit shocked at the prices. I suppose once I can pay for them, that once I got a job, they'd pay for themselves though.

0 0

Ya it's like a little cycle. You need the certification to get a good job, but you can't get a good job unless you have the certifications. I'm glad the bank lets me take out a loan and invest some money in myself.

20 0

Thanks Night_stalker.

The UK as a whole is struggling at the moment and my county has been one of the worst hit in this economic crisis. In my opinion only the government is to blame.

The country is run by the sort of people that have no idea what a day of hard work is, even if it jumped up and bit them in the arse. They completly rack up the price of Petrol and Diesel which puts all the food cost up, our Gas, Electric and Water bills are increasing constantly, but our wages havn't. So people have less money to spend. That has caused a lot of companys to go out of business.

The people in government don't appear to be doing anything major about this, despite all the extra money they are getting, the government do not appear to be doing anything about it all. Well unless you count giving billions of £'s to multiple countrys within the EU to "bail" them out of their failing economy.

Oh FYI our VAT (I'm going to assume you know what that is) is at 20% and has been for over a year now and I can't see it going back to 17.% and definatly not to 15% again in a hurry.. If ever. Petrol (Gasoline) is costing us £4.91 for a galon (US galon) this is about $7.65 Diesel just add roughly another 76p per galon.

Ermmmm rant over. :P

0 0

dopeboimag1k wrote: Ya it's like a little cycle. You need the certification to get a good job, but you can't get a good job unless you have the certifications. Sorry to interrupt ths discussion, but that's not a cycle. You've just said the same thing twice.

0 0

starofale wrote: [quote]dopeboimag1k wrote: Ya it's like a little cycle. You need the certification to get a good job, but you can't get a good job unless you have the certifications. Sorry to interrupt ths discussion, but that's not a cycle. You've just said the same thing twice.[/quote]

So I'm not the only one who took a second look at it, and was like, "Wtf?"? :D

Banned
0 0

starofale wrote: Sorry to interrupt ths discussion, but that's not a cycle. You've just said the same thing twice.

It's Gen Z's "Catch twenty-meh". This post-millennial cycle (derived from an iconic facebook update) is a direct, generational update of the now obsolete Catch-22 circular logic dilemma. The Catch Twenty-meh paradox arises from the fact that in order to achieve X you need Z, but meh.

0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]starofale wrote: Sorry to interrupt ths discussion, but that's not a cycle. You've just said the same thing twice.

It's Gen Z's "Catch twenty-meh". This post-millennial cycle (derived from an iconic facebook update) is a direct, generational update of the now obsolete Catch-22 circular logic dilemma. The Catch Twenty-meh paradox arises from the fact that in order to achieve X you need Z, but meh.[/quote]

Indeed.