Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Google now using HTTPS

Banned
0 0

Post your *.google.com certificate.

0 0

TrialByFreezing wrote: benefits Well, if you consider destroying web analytics as we know it…. :/

I think they tried passing something like this before? IP Protection Act, (IPPA)? Can't remember though, only read a little about it.

Whoo! Police state! :| I'm guessing they won't like my searches regarding lock-picking/lock-smithing, despite the fact that I'm currently planning on getting certified as a business by the state I'm in. Wonder when the Obamanator reads my search logs, if he will understand that some of us have to work for a living, and can't go on vacations with teh tax munnies. :C

Banned
0 0

Night_Stalker, are you an idiot? Jesus fucking christ man. Also, did you just imply searching for lockpicking/lock smithing online shouldn't be condoned when you aren't certified/getting certified in those areas? Wtf man.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

TrialByFreezing wrote: I just noticed google.com now redirects to https://encrypted.google.com/(link goes to http://google.com). Had anyone noticed this before, and what are the benefits of google searches now being encrypted? could it have anything to do with this new bill?

Google has had HTTPS availability for a long time now, actually. It appears to just be default now, but only for google.com and not other google* domains from what I can tell. This is a very good step, though!

There are a significant number of things this protects against:

1. If you are logged in to a Google account, this stops session hijacking of your account
  2. Your web searches will be hidden from third parties monitoring you, such as your ISP, a hacker who is MitM'ing you, and possibly the government in some situations.
  3. This stops ISP's from injecting their own ads or redirects to their own servers when you try to google specific things, as this has become more and more popular lately.

There is no reason the connection to a website while you are logged in should not be in SSL 100% of the time. Too many websites have SSL only for the login, but nothing after that. A hacker/ISP/Gov could potentially wreak havoc and steal your session, monitor everything you do, alter your connection, and pretty much everything else you can think of.

It's becoming more popular for websites to become 100% SSL now though, and I'm glad to see Google is making it default. Many sites, like Facebook for example, have it available as a option, but not on by default

@Night_Stalker - ….Nothing you said made any sense in the least.

0 0

Strangely it's no longer defaulting to SSL, but going to the encrypted subdomain for the .com top level domain still works. The logo displayed includes "SSL Beta" and can't currently be used with Google instant.