Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

your first computer and your favorite computer

0 0

what was your first computer? what is your favorite computer?

my first was the dell latitude c600 my favorite computer is my custom build

0 0

Oh wow, memories. I don't know if I should call it my first one since it wasn't exclusively mine, but first family one was some compaq, can't recall exactly which one, but it had a whopping 48mb ram. It still works beautifully :)

0 0

First computer was a Dell Dimension E510. My favorite computer is still my Dimension.

0 0

Hmmm, I've had a lot of different computers in my hands but I think my first one was some IBM P4 machine with 256MB memory. I guess my favorite would be the one I custom built but it's still nothing that special.

0 0

My first PC was:

I can't remember if my first had a Cyrix or an AMD K6 at 233/266MHz either way one of the 4. 48MB of RAM @ 66MHz (I guess) 800x600 15" CRT monitor Crative speakers Cheap unbranded £5 keyboard and a roller ball mouse.

Home build as all of my PCs are, although my dad build it for me when I was about 6 or 7.

EDIT Favourite PC: The first PC we put an ATi 9000 in. It actually stopped the aging PIII from being:

1. thrown away
  2. from blue screening on Windows (NT/2000 I believe) because the Creative Savage 3 32mb sucked big time.

Made such a performance difference to the machine that from then on, we never built anything with integrated/on-board graphics and just buy a cheap cards for PCs that didn't need gaming performance.

Jim,

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Ah, my favorite is definitely an old Aptiva I have hanging around in my closet. It's about 10 years old, and has 128Mb of RAM and a Pentium 1 Processor. I barely remember when we got it (I would've been around 6, myself), but I do remember being 10 and having the computer in my room for the first time. I spent forever trying to get an FTP server running (I didn't understand the concept of NAT and couldn't figure out why I could connect on localhost but not on my WAN), so I got bored and ran a linux CD my Uncle gave me. A couple years later it functioned as my server, until I upgraded. I never had any hardware problems or complaints with that machine though, and it got me interested in computers so that has to by far be my favorite :happy:

0 0

My first: 186 desktop PC in black/white My favorite: Any Nintendo. Because they have Zelda and Pokemon.

0 0

Napoleon wrote: My first: 186 desktop PC in black/white My favorite: Any Nintendo. Because they have Zelda and Pokemon.

yay Nintendo kicks butt

0 0

Pfff, I cant remember my first… But my favorite was my webserver for sure.

It used to run a WoW server aswell… And it looks ghetto B)

0 0

My uncle gave me the gift its Toshiba having 128mb ram and running win98se i love it lot …

philalethes
0 0

My first pc was an Olivetti (I can't remember the model) with windows 3.1, a 28.8 kbps modem and a HDD with just 850mb of space. I can't say that I have a favourite pc by model but when it comes to buying a new one, I would choose a Dell machine every time.

0 0

Ha! I'm not thaaat old. But I still gotta love my first gateway with the cow-print CRT.

Cow-print was the bomb. ;)

0 0

First computer: An old dinosaur running Windows95. (: Favourite computer: See above. xD I'd say the the favourite computer I've had is my small, cheap little eeepc, simply because it was cheap, and it works for me with what I need it to do. I do like my HP laptop a little more, but it hasn't been used recently because the power cord is gone. It has the old Vista on it. :/ Once I get new cords for it, I'm going to probably change the OS. :)

0 0

first computer was a Laser 128 Apple II clone i think it had a whopping 16 megs of memory.

Fav machine i had was my Alienware machine water cooled Duo core amd 2.6 ghz over clocked to 3.1 1 Tb Hd, 4 gig ram, 1 gig Nvidia card. and lots of nice glowing lights lol

Admin from hell
0 0

My first was a AppleII/C, hooked to an old tv. Wow the memories.

I don't have a favorite because I custom build all my own and they just keep getting better every year. I have 4 set-up now.

As far as buying a store bought Dell your nuts, Those things are nothing but the bottom of the barrel, 85% of all hardware failures I get are on Dells. Guess what for all of you buying Alienware Dell owns them also, Very over priced for what you get, You can build one a lot faster for a lot less yourself. Paying for a name sucks.

0 0

m3r1ll wrote: Alienware machine

Expensive. o.o But nice. o.o

Ninja Extreme
0 0

korg wrote: My first was a AppleII/C, hooked to an old tv. Wow the memories.

I don't have a favorite because I custom build all my own and they just keep getting better every year. I have 4 set-up now.

As far as buying a store bought Dell your nuts, Those things are nothing but the bottom of the barrel, 85% of all hardware failures I get are on Dells. Guess what for all of you buying Alienware Dell owns them also, Very over priced for what you get, You can build one a lot faster for a lot less yourself. Paying for a name sucks.

But teh cases! They are so nice! :P

Admin from hell
0 0

stealth- wrote: But teh cases! They are so nice!

Damn, You got me there!

The Manager
0 0

My first computer was an IBM Compatible 80486 with a 80MB HDD and a whopping 128KB of RAM. It came with a 13" Colour Monitor and a Raven Dot Matrix Printer. That was the best…Playing King's Quest and learning how to make it do things that I wanted it to…

My favourite computer is not mine yet, but it will be nice. It is a Server that I will be taking over in the next few months. It has 6x300GB 15K RPM Hot Swappable Drives, It will be running RAID 10. 2x Core 2 Xeon 3.0GHz processors, 2x 460Watt PSU, I do not know the exact RAM count but I think it is 32GB. drool