Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Cthulhu Fhtagn

0 0

So, I found a website today that needs an access code to get in. I guess it's a hex code. Anyways, I can't figure out how to get in, so I thought that maybe someone on here might be interested. This has piqued my curiosity, so help is appreciated.

Update: I'm led to believe there is no password, that it's just there to make people crazy. Can't confirm this.

Link: http://cthulhufhtagn.info/

0 0

This has peaked my curiosity

edit: piqued.

0 0

curiousness… everything redirects back to the home page except .htaccess and .htpasswd, which 403, and the images on the page.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Hm, this is actually pretty interesting.

If there are 10 possible inputs, and it looks like they are supposed to be hex values, then that gives it a likely chance that it is a string of four characters. I think this definitely does do something, because if you google around a bit there is a result which includes an error in the description, possibly someone mentioned it in a forums or something. Either way, the error references line 50 of a PHP script (lock.php) on that guys VPS that hosts the site. You don't have 50 lines of code without not doing anything but redirecting, so I'm willing to bet that there is something under there. Unfortunately, the google result has no cache and gives a 404 when you try to visit it. I also found an old version of the source code on pastebin, which supposedly contained an additional hint:

The password SHALL be : Camr'h Setha' can'dri selte cthal rucl'i

Retired
10 0

Found something in the source about someone named Rusty, which is exactly 10 hex digits…

0 0

Fortune wrote: it's just there to make people crazy. Heh, yeah, that'd be quite fitting, now wouldn't it?

0 0

yours31f wrote: Found something in the source about someone named Rusty, which is exactly 10 hex digits…

yea, but i tried hexing all those names i found there and none of them worked. this is quite interesting. I'll keep playing with it see what i can figure out. :D

0 0

ok, i found the guys site, resume and some random websites he's working on. He's got some crazy references that talk him up to the Nth degree, and there's a link so some random website that apparently doesn't exist.

He's an IT student, done a lot of programming/webdesign/multi-media.

this 'challenge' is near impossible, so i'm gonna call troll. i suspect he knows exactly how long this is gonna take, i also suspect that the answer isn't web based, but in the books where the language comes from. That quote "and the password SHALL be…." i think is a reference to the book and you need to find it by reading. however, the book is the most non-linear story and absolute random shit. so finding that particular reference would be a challenge in itself.

so yeah, troll.

thoughts?

0 0

-god- wrote: That quote "and the password SHALL be…." i think is a reference to the book and you need to find it by reading. however, the book is the most non-linear story and absolute random shit. so finding that particular reference would be a challenge in itself. Which book exactly are you talking about, there have been many written. And which bit exactly are you thinking of is a reference, just the "SHALL be" part or the gibberish part? Because that sure doesn't seem like proper Cthuvian to me.