Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

how to veiw pictures from itunes on ubuntu

0 0

listen, i had pictures saved onto my usb from itunes on my previous OS. the files are in ithmb format and i would need to use WINE to convert itunes to run on ubuntu. i did download itunes butit tells me this instead and i cant figure how to sove this

0 0

You cannot just expect a Windows Executable to execute natively on Linux.

You'll need to install WINE, configure it and install iTunes.

You may have copy some fonts accross from a Windows machine if you find that you cannot see certain bits of text.

<SIDETRACK>I certainly found this when I used to run a few Steam under Linux trhough WINE when source games used to have the OpenGL rendering option.</SIDETRACK>

If you find that it doesn't work try downloading an old version from one of the many "old application" websites that archive old software for compatability…

Good luck.

Jim,

Banned
0 0

Odd, try running it from a terminal.

0 0

i tierd running it thru terminal but it tells me that it cant find it. i followed the insturctions from every site i could find and it still gives me the same error, is there another program i can use instead of wine?

0 0

never mind, i figured it out finally just had go to the properties of the program and check "allow this to run as exe" and it worked fine. another lesson learned i guess but thanks for the help.

Banned
0 0

Next time, to enable execution, do chmod +x filename.ext

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Just a forewarning, I don't believe Itunes will run under Wine. You'd have to run it in a Windows VM, and even in that case a older version of Itunes only. This could have changed, but that was the case about six months ago.

0 0

stealth- wrote: Just a forewarning, I don't believe Itunes will run under Wine. You'd have to run it in a Windows VM, and even in that case a older version of Itunes only. This could have changed, but that was the case about six months ago.

It runs just fine under Wine. It's an older version, but it works.

Banned
0 0

Okay, to all you people using iTunes: What the fuck are you doing?

What, the, fuck?!

Ninja Extreme
0 0

spyware wrote: Okay, to all you people using iTunes: What the fuck are you doing?

What, the, fuck?!

I was forced to use it for the initial sync of my music library with the Ipod I was bought, but I now use Rythmbox and libimobile. Trust me, I would definitely have preferred not to have to try and work with that piece of crap they pass off as software.

0 0

spyware wrote: Okay, to all you people using iTunes: What the fuck are you doing?

What, the, fuck?!

Winamp ftw.