Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Attention all Website Owners

The Manager
0 0

Hello all.

I was wondering if any web site owners would like to chat about methods to reduce your websites bounce rate.

If you have a high bounce rate and cannot figure out how to lower it lets talk, I can help.

0 0

what is bounce rate? Do I have one? I really don't get many people on my newly and simply redesigned website. (It's still in progress). For some reason, it takes forever to load, but there is nothing really to load. I have no idea what's going on or if it has anything to do with bounce rate. If it doesn't pm me and I will delete this post. Sorry for the bother if it is unnecessary. (and about "bother" I am not british, I am american)

http://www.t0xikc0mputer.net84.net/

The Manager
0 0

t0xikc0mputer wrote: what is bounce rate? Do I have one? I really don't get many people on my newly and simply redesigned website. (It's still in progress). For some reason, it takes forever to load, but there is nothing really to load. I have no idea what's going on or if it has anything to do with bounce rate. If it doesn't pm me and I will delete this post. Sorry for the bother if it is unnecessary. (and about "bother" I am not british, I am american)

http://www.t0xikc0mputer.net84.net/

Okay, you have just totally made yourself look like a moron here.

1. A simple Google search would have given you an answer and you would not have had to make this pointless post.
  2. Bounce rate has nothing to do with speed of websites, that is the server side.
  3. Do not be an idiot…THINK before you WRITE!

To any other Website owner that is interested, post here or PM me, we will chat :)

0 0

Well, I worked on a website for a few weeks and launched it. It was a hacking community for people from brazil and portugal. The idea was to create hacking challenges combined with lots of mathematics. I had programmed around 50 challenges in two weeks, and made sure that there was a proper ranking system, a well built forum and lots of articles related to each specific challenge.

I made some ads and sent it to many brazillian hacking communities I knew by that time and all of them were really interested in the contents of the site.

After some time, nobody was visiting my site anymore because the challenges were difficult and most of them were lammers. Most of the visitors bounced and after 2 months i erased it.

I'd like to know about making proper ads… How should i adverteize my site? Do you have any hints for me to give me a help with initial visitors?

My site was one of the first that appeared on portuguese google searches on very common topics such as sql injections, xss and derivatives, and the design was very simple and easy to navigate. I guess I haven't figured out how to get initial visitors yet.

Not Just a member
0 0

AldarHawk wrote:

1. Bounce rate has nothing to do with speed of websites, that is the server side.

Well this is not completely true, long loading time may affect the bounce rate quite a lot. I was doing some work for a client, and after optimizing their website to load about 2.5x faster, the bounce rate went from 60% down to 35%, which even I was surprised about.

But other then that I am very interested in what advise you have to offer in this field. I've never had a problem with high bounce rates, trying to provide quality content, so people would actually stay on the website.

One issue with the rate I've observed lately is the continuous attempt from search engines to make the user stay on their website, rather then just sending them to results of the search (which more often leads to less traffic overall, but I thought it is still worth mentioning). From what I've seen the search engine will try to pull as much information on their results page, rather then just providing the link, which for a user is great, not so much for us:).

Ninja Extreme
0 0

@chess_rock - If it doesn't work out, have you considered submitting some of those challenges to HBH? The ones we don't already have, of course.

0 0

stealth- wrote: @chess_rock - If it doesn't work out, have you considered submitting some of those challenges to HBH? The ones we don't already have, of course.

They are far too easy to be here in HBH. There were stories for each challenge introducing small aspects of hacking or mathematics, and did progress little by little. People from brazil are mainly posers trying to look like real hackers, but they lack real knowledge of what hacking really is. That's why those challenges were easy.

The Manager
0 0

cyber-guard wrote: Well this is not completely true, long loading time may affect the bounce rate quite a lot. I was doing some work for a client, and after optimizing their website to load about 2.5x faster, the bounce rate went from 60% down to 35%, which even I was surprised about.

Yes I know that if you can increase the load time by a factor of 250% you will drop less. But overall, the main focus of Bounce Rate is because of content.

But other then that I am very interested in what advise you have to offer in this field. I've never had a problem with high bounce rates, trying to provide quality content, so people would actually stay on the website.

I have methods of reducing a sites bounce rate. I have taken my site that gets 20K+ Unique hits a month and ensured that the bounce rate stays below 65%. If you have a bounce rate above 70% Then you need to speak with me. If you have a lower bounce rate, there is no need to be worrying :P

One issue with the rate I've observed lately is the continuous attempt from search engines to make the user stay on their website, rather then just sending them to results of the search (which more often leads to less traffic overall, but I thought it is still worth mentioning). From what I've seen the search engine will try to pull as much information on their results page, rather then just providing the link, which for a user is great, not so much for us:). That is fully dependent on the search engine you are using and the algorithms that back them. On an average, the search engines will ensure that they give you the overview of a site. This can be manipulated by the website owner in many ways though, so be wary of what you see on a search engines results :)

I do a lot of SEO work now as part of my side business and I would love to discuss this type of information with others if they are interested. I also have services for reducing bounce rate and some other things as well. But let us discuss some of your ideas.

0 0

chess_rock wrote: The idea was to create hacking challenges combined with lots of mathematics.

I think we need more challenges like these, ones that involve a lot of maths.

0 0

My website has a 70% bounce rate. I guess that's not that good.

edit: I looked it up but I understand now why my bounce rate is so high. The subject per blogpost is so variable that it's no use to stick around and browse longer. Most of my visitors come in through google to find the solution to their specific problem and leave afterwards.

So I don't mind.

I'm always up for a talk about SEO though :) I'll be hanging in irc.

The Manager
0 0

Though you do not think it to be a problem it is.

If people come to your site to find a solution to a problem then leave, why not give them more incentive to stay? That is the point of a profitable website. The lower the Bounce Rate the better it looks to the search engines, thus the more hits you get in return.

This is a problem that plagues MANY site owners now a days and they all have your thought then wonder when they fall out of the rankings in the search engines.