Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Books

0 0

Im sitting here looking for something that's security related but its not gona teach me anything (bare with me) Im looking for fictional books story's that are computer forensic related anyone know of any?

I done a search on Amazon then got side tracked this happens more then not. however Amazon didn't return anything.

For those interested it was hot sauce on Amazon that side tracked me but anyway…

0 0

Wow apescanfly223

Thank you very much :)

0 0

np have fun bro

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

@apescanfly223:

Redknee wrote: Im looking for fictional books Looks like all that stuff you listed is non-fiction.

Banned
0 0

If you're brave enough to trod your way through the thickness, Cryptonomicon might be something you'd enjoy.

0 0

@ spyware

Cryptonomicon is a 1999 novel by American author Neal Stephenson. The novel follows the exploits of two groups of people in two different time periods. The first is World War II-era Allied codebreakers and tactical-deception operatives affiliated with the Government Code and Cypher School at Bletchley Park. The second narrative is set in the present day with descendants of the first narrative's characters employing cryptologic, telecom and computer technology to build an underground data haven in the fictional Sultanate of Kinakuta. Their goal is to facilitate anonymous Internet banking using electronic money and (later) digital gold currency, with a longer range objective to distribute Holocaust Education and Avoidance Pod (HEAP) media for instructing genocide-target populations on defensive warfare.

Sounds really good.:D:D

0 0

Pretty cool topic! I'm checking some books out as well.

Banned
0 0

Redknee wrote: Sounds really good.:D:D

It's (definitely) not as… sexy as the summary you posted. The book is beyond good, but it may be a bit dry for some.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

ynori7 wrote: @apescanfly223: [quote]Redknee wrote: Im looking for fictional books Looks like all that stuff you listed is non-fiction. [/quote]

I know the *Art of ** ones are non-fiction, but all of the Stealing The Network ones are fictional for sure. (All though they do use real tools, so it's fiction with possible knowledge benefit ;) )

0 0

these may intrest you as well: http://www.amazon.com/Fatal-System-Error-Bringing-Internet/dp/1586489070/ref=pd_sim_b_16

hackers challenge: http://www.amazon.com/Hackers-Challenge-Incident-Response-Scenarios/dp/0072193840/ref=pd_sim_b_35

there is a few of those hackers challenge books you may wanna check those out. I believe they are available through torrent too. not what you said your looking for but you may find it interesting none the less. just for future reference.

I was going for books that tell stories instead of your typical network security type of books. not necessarily books based all on non-fiction. If it was told in story format and had to do with hacking i put it down :D

Banned
0 0

stealth- wrote: so it's fiction with possible knowledge benefit ;)

What a foolish thing to say.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]stealth- wrote: so it's fiction with possible knowledge benefit ;)

What a foolish thing to say.[/quote]

How so?

0 0

stealth- wrote: [quote]spyware wrote: [quote]stealth- wrote: so it's fiction with possible knowledge benefit ;)

What a foolish thing to say.[/quote]

How so?[/quote]

it's a creativity benefit, not knowledge benefit?

Anyways, you could try Snow Crash. It's long, but good. Except for the last 4 chapters, but it's still worth it imo. Very imaginative setting-wise. No forensics, but there is sex and people being killed with samurai swords.

0 0

maug wrote:

it's a creativity benefit, not knowledge benefit?

Anyways, you could try Snow Crash. It's long, but good. Except for the last 4 chapters, but it's still worth it imo. Very imaginative setting-wise. No forensics, but there is sex and people being killed with samurai swords.

Sounds awesome.

Anyone know of any shorter books? I am not a huge reader.