Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Writing a Book

0 0

I have decided to put what I know into a book. This book I will publish so that those who want to learn to hack have a great starting place. I am asking, if you have anything to submit. I will make a part of the book where I state where I got the information from.

Thanks for your support, Network X

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

What type of stuff do you intend to put in this book? I don't mean to be blunt, but you usually have to know something to write a book about it.

Also, just as a heads up, it's not at all easy to get a book published, so be prepared for a lot of rejection letters.

And just out of curiosity, why do you always put in line breaks yourself in your posts rather than letting the text wrap automatically?

0 0

It's going to be a sort of Hacking Bible. I may not show that I know things, but I do. Did you ever have someone tell you, this is where you should start. No, people always tell you you have to read, but what exactly? If we want the Hacker culture to survive, we must give an aid to those who want to learn.

I want to put in references to what other hackers have written. Some of those come from this same site. I am not really thinking of selling it. I want to make it free, as I Believe in Open Source Software. I also believe as a wise person once said, Human Knowledge belongs to the world.

As for the line breaks, I have OCD. Or as Mosh calls it, CDO but with the letters in alphabetical order as they should be. Does that bother you? (No Disrespect intended).

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Well, if you need anything specific, I'm usually not busy.

Network X wrote: Does that bother you? No, I was just curious.

0 1

Network X wrote: It's going to be a sort of Hacking Bible. I may not show that I know things, but I do. Did you ever have someone tell you, this is where you should start. No, people always tell you you have to read, but what exactly? If we want the Hacker culture to survive, we must give an aid to those who want to learn.

well, I think it's a good idea, a book that teaches them the basics of hacking, sort of a "hacking 101" page, as a reference point.

on the other hand, this kind of things tend to get abused by skiddies, and more experienced members generally look down on these kinds of spoon feeding.

I say give it a go.

0 0

Network X wrote: I have decided to put what I know into a book. This book I will publish so that those who want to learn to hack have a great starting place. I am asking, if you have anything to submit. I will make a part of the book where I state where I got the information from.

Thanks for your support, Network X

If all you plan on doing is repackaging others' work, then in my opinion there is no point. It's not original.

On the other hand, I think it's great when people live for their contributions. You may get further from teaching one person before writing a book to teach many though. The teaching experience is worth a couple dozen rough drafts.

Banned
0 0

Aaaaaaaaaand no.

0 0

I'd start with writing some articles and contribute them to gain some experience. I'm willing to help, but I really don't have a clue what you exactly want. Hacking is a wide term which can be used in dozens of ways. Only take a look at the challenges, are you a hacker when you done all those? Not in my book. Take for example the hacking exposed books. Almost every year new versions come out, with about 500 pages on a couple of specific subjects.

I'm still interested how this is going to work out though.

KvK

0 0

http://www.subspacefield.org/security/security_concepts/

Sorry dude, its been done, and damn well if I may add. Also this dude has waaaaay more experience than you do, and has also been constantly editing his work as an electronic book so that it remains relevant, rather than forming a physical book. If money is a factor, than this guy has you beat, otherwise, more information never hurts.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

KvK wrote: http://www.subspacefield.org/security/security_concepts/

That's the third time in the last month or so you've linked there, you know that right? Personally, I don't think it's going to go over well, but that's just me. I honestly don't know you well enough to say that with any degree of accuracy, so good luck Network X. :)

0 1

KvK wrote: http://www.subspacefield.org/security/security_concepts/

Sorry dude, its been done, and damn well if I may add. Also this dude has waaaaay more experience than you do, and has also been constantly editing his work as an electronic book so that it remains relevant, rather than forming a physical book. If money is a factor, than this guy has you beat, otherwise, more information never hurts.

when I first read this thread, my initial thought was he was gonna make an ebook, not a physical one. besides, having a "hacking" book in your bookshelf makes you look like a tool.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

fuser wrote: besides, having a "hacking" book in your bookshelf makes you look like a tool.

Meh, I don't see what's wrong with having computer books around. I've got a few 2600 and other titles like "The art of exploitation" here somewhere. I mean, I usually don't keep them out, but thats just cause it requires less explaining to guests who might come by.

0 0

All the advice I can give is don't write it with word. Learn to use latex and then distibute the pdf if you get loads of rejection letters :p

0 0

Make a PDF,publish it..after you pass out of your initial high-period..that is..when people who wanna read it can get it from someone else…upload it for free..Money+Fame:)

-Which is a lot like Wolfmankurd's suggestion…but in the eventuality that your book will succeed.

And SERIOUSLY,you should teach hacking as in basic PHP,SQL,C,etc(The languages and the vuln.)…And not "Tricks"..we get enough of that shit from that "Ankit Fadia" bastard.

A good way to judge a hacking book: If it tells you that the old SMTP Pseudo-anonymous mail thing is a magic trick/way to impress friends,instead of referring to the RFC and TCP-IP,it's shit..(Which means that almost all Ankit Fadia books are shit)

*note: Sorry..I'm really angry with that bastard Fadia..I wasted 2-3 years of good learning time behind those shit-headed books.:)

0 1

yeah, I did hear about fandia sometime ago. I heard he was famous in india despite his hacking books being utter crap, right?

0 0

Writing a book requires knowledge and you should be good expressing things right!

There are many hacking books out there. All of them portray the basics of hacking in general. Why would you spend your time writing one more book about something a lot of people have already written?

It would be a great idea though if you could focus your attention on something more advanced, but then comes the question: "Do you have enough knowledge for that?". I know you'll be copying many things other hackers have said, so again, do you have enough knowledge to judge their affirmations right or wrong?

Seriously, my advice is for you to concentrate on learning rather than exposing your ideas. It seems as if you wanted to prove your knowledge for other people… Just my thoughts

0 0

Yes..sadly..people in India are still unoriginal..they feel they have a duty to praise a book,no matter how crappy it is..because they bought it.

@chess_rock:Nice Sig..What did you make it on?:)

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

onejerlo wrote: Yes..sadly..people in India are still unoriginal..they feel they have a duty to praise a book,no matter how crappy it is..because they bought it. Ah, that explains my Operating Systems professor.

0 0

onejerlo wrote: @chess_rock:Nice Sig..What did you make it on?:)

I am not seeing hi sig.

0 0

@techb:I meant his avatar..my mistake.

@ynori7:It would also explain my old high school teacher…she tried to install Linux..after booting Windows.

Aaaah….You meant it as a racist remark…..say that to Ajay Bhatt..designer of the USB.

I don't get racism..if a black guy says things like "homie" and "nigger",or if an Indian says "bhaji" or "desi" its all right and cool..but if a "white guy" says the same..its racism?Fucked up definition..the intention and not the words should be taken into account.

Oh..thats another suggestion..teach people how to behave(Internet etiquette)..I have just about had it with l33t speak and hurled insults.

Its really important..both as a social engineering tool and to maintain proper relations with other hackers.:)

0 0

@onejerlo: Thank you. I got it from a site full of pre-made avatars. Does that make me not worth your praise? :P

0 1

onejerlo wrote: @techb:I meant his avatar..my mistake.

@ynori7:It would also explain my old high school teacher…she tried to install Linux..after booting Windows.

Aaaah….You meant it as a racist remark…..say that to Ajay Bhatt..designer of the USB.

I don't get racism..if a black guy says things like "homie" and "nigger",or if an Indian says "bhaji" or "desi" its all right and cool..but if a "white guy" says the same..its racism?Fucked up definition..the intention and not the words should be taken into account.

Oh..thats another suggestion..teach people how to behave(Internet etiquette)..I have just about had it with l33t speak and hurled insults.

Its really important..both as a social engineering tool and to maintain proper relations with other hackers.:)

huh? when exactly did ynori made a racist remark? he just meant it as a joke. Sometimes incompetency exceeds race, I find incompetents of all races on the internet with varying degrees. He was probably amused by it.

Also, people tend to be more sensitive lately.