Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

What Equipment Do You Use?

0 0

I'm curious about what you guys/gals use. So Instead of PMing everyone, I decided to make a thread to discuss it. I also need ideas as to what to get next.

Myself, I use an old Sony Vaio VGN-S360P. I bought it new in 2005. I run Ubuntu on it. It has 512 MB RAM but it runs alright. I'm thinking of getting a Mac, or whatever runs well for the stuff I need it for.

So go ahead and share your stuff.

0 0

HP Pavilion Entertainment PC Intel Core2 duo @ 2.0GHz per core 4 GB Ram 64 bit HD 280GB Win7 Home & BackTrack 4 on VMware

0 1

Network X wrote: I'm curious about what you guys/gals use. So Instead of PMing everyone, I decided to make a thread to discuss it. I also need ideas as to what to get next.

Myself, I use an old Sony Vaio VGN-S360P. I bought it new in 2005. I run Ubuntu on it. It has 512 MB RAM but it runs alright. I'm thinking of getting a Mac, or whatever runs well for the stuff I need it for.

So go ahead and share your stuff.

you do know that if you PM folks about their hardware, it make you look a bit creepy.

and since you have just mentioned that you run Ubuntu as well as planning on getting a Mac, expect a shitstorm coming your way.

and as for me, I'm using an Asus k50ij. the specs are respectable, but since it doesn't include an ati/nvidia chipset, I couldn't run games like gta4, and I used to dual-boot Win XP with Fedora 12, but when I got Win 7 I just reformatted the whole thing, so I only have Win 7 right now.

The specs: 2.1 Ghz Pentium t4200 Dual Core, 4gb DDR 2 ram, 320gb hd, 15.6" screen, Intel GMA 4500MHD (integrated), webcam, 802.11 n.

I suggest look for an Asus laptop if you're looking for a new one in the future. They have really good features for a good price.

0 0

I/O: Acer 243hq (full hd) 24" Samsung 2253 (1680x1050) 22" Logitech external mic Zalman 5.1 headset Logitech g15 Razer copperhead + exactmat Some 2.1 speakerset

Desktop: Intel Core2Duo E8400 (2x3ghz) 4gb DDR2 1066 corsair xms2 Ati Radeon HD 4890 (don't know which brand, too lazy to look it up) 640gb samsung spinpoint F1 Running Arch linux + windows 7 ultimate both x64

And a MacBook pro running windows 7 on boot camp as well. And yes,most of my stuff still comes from the time that I was a hardcore gamer. I still play some tf2 every now and then, but not as much as I used to do.

0 0

Dell XPS m1530 (I know, don't comment. i don't wanna hear a bunch of whining about dell.) Intel core2duo 2.5Ghz 4gb DDR2 ram 500gb SATA drive 32 bit Vista :(

Ninja Extreme
0 0

You guys are making me look bad >.<

Dell latitude C840, bulky piece of crap, but pretty fast considering how old it is.

Pentium 4 Mobile 1.8Ghz Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go 1600x1200 LCD 2 Gigs of ram Ubuntu 10.10/.04

Desktop machine is a frankenstein with a cool case.

Pentium D 3.2 Ghz No ram, I need some DDR2 :/ Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 SyncMaster 1400x800 Gentoo with Gnome, custom kernel

I've got a server that just sort've sits in my closet, too.

Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz 500Mb RAM No screen Debian 5

0 0

I only really use one laptop. The rest are for sale. The laptop i use is amd64 2.2Ghz dual core, speed step, hyper threading. 1g ram, 160G hard drive. I'll probably get a desktop computer for forensics in a month or so. It's through my school, so it has 1G ram, 40G hard drive, 2.8Ghz cpu.

then I have 2 decent desktops, but I don't have anything on them. And I have an old P3 laptop, also ready to sell. All my nice stuff or stuff I don't need I'm forced to sell >_<

0 0

Don't get a mac. Just don't…

Ninja Extreme
0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: Don't get a mac. Just don't…

That's very important and serious advice, he's not just being funny. :|