Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Patriotism and discussion

0 0

What do y'all think Patriotism is? I mean, I know it's love for one's country and all. But I still cannot understand it. What do you guys think a person living in a disputed country should be patriotic about? or a territory regularly being exchanged b/w 2 countries due to war or something? Also, for something that is as temporary as a country, what's there to love? I mean, let's look at the world's map before WW1. Let's also take the example of Poland. It was a part of Germany. So, were the people living in that are(today's Poland) supposed to be patriotic towards Germany or Poland? Same thing everywhere. When somebody liberates a region from the "yoke" of another country, is he a traitor/wrong (somebody who is not patriotic, at least in this case)? Countries are being created regularly. Does the word patriotism have any significance now, or for that matter, did it have any significance ever?(since in old days, the rate was larger). I hope you people can understand these jumbled up thoughts of mine.

0 0

goluhaque wrote: I hope you people can understand these jumbled up thoughts of mine. I can and it pains me that you feel the need to bring up a question such as this straight from the pathetic class that is Philosophy 101. This is probably all the input on the topic you will get from me because I just know that this will annoy the fuck out of me. "Intellectual" discussions are to be done at starbucks with your friends who love to wear berets and discuss the genius of Shakespeare like the cunts they are.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

COM wrote: [quote]goluhaque wrote: I hope you people can understand these jumbled up thoughts of mine. I can and it pains me that you feel the need to bring up a question such as this straight from the pathetic class that is Philosophy 101. This is probably all the input on the topic you will get from me because I just know that this will annoy the fuck out of me. "Intellectual" discussions are to be done at starbucks with your friends who love to wear berets and discuss the genius of Shakespeare like the cunts they are.[/quote]

Why exactly are you so pissed off by this question? I've never been one to feel very much for patriotism, either, and I don't see how others can get so worked up about it. Sure, I get that everybody needs to think they're better than everyone else just because they're themselves, but I think patriotism is a little excessive to write it off as that. If you know something about this me and Goluhaque are missing, I'd love for you to fill us in.

Or if you're just pissed because you don't think this question belongs here, that's fine too ;)

0 0

COM wrote: [quote]goluhaque wrote: I hope you people can understand these jumbled up thoughts of mine. I can and it pains me that you feel the need to bring up a question such as this straight from the pathetic class that is Philosophy 101. This is probably all the input on the topic you will get from me because I just know that this will annoy the fuck out of me. "Intellectual" discussions are to be done at starbucks with your friends who love to wear berets and discuss the genius of Shakespeare like the cunts they are.[/quote] Don't care about patriotism or any such intellectual discussions, don't respond to such threads with such insightful responses. And Philosphy is not pathetic, what's pathetic is the behaviour of you people who think that without their brilliant remarks, a thread is incomplete.

0 1

Don't worry about COM, goluhaque.

anyway, in my opinion, patriotism is something that comes out of a nation's indentity, and even when they are under the rule of another nation, their identity is still intact and thus that's what makes it unique.

And the indentity of a nation can usually be defined by the culture, food, and so on. So to most people, that is what matters most.

0 0

stealth-, goluhaque, you are both so adorable! :D stealth-, sweetie, I'm not pissed off.

fuser wrote: Don't worry about COM, goluhaque. Come on, fuser, don't be patronizing. That question is on a 13 year old's level, answering it is insulting to both the one to answer and the one who asked.

Oh… actually, I have to admit I didn't consider one thing. goluhaque, if you really are 13 years old or younger, then I sincerely and honestly apologize. My initial response was directed at someone older of whom I have higher expectations.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Well, if fuser's post is what you would consider the "answer", I thought that was already obvious. I'm just saying, personally, I don't think it's enough to warrant how excited/angry/defensive people can get.

0 0

COM wrote: stealth-, goluhaque, you are both so adorable! :D stealth-, sweetie, I'm not pissed off.

[quote]fuser wrote: Don't worry about COM, goluhaque. Come on, fuser, don't be patronizing. That question is on a 13 year old's level, answering it is insulting to both the one to answer and the one who asked.

Oh… actually, I have to admit I didn't consider one thing. goluhaque, if you really are 13 years old or younger, then I sincerely and honestly apologize. My initial response was directed at someone older of whom I have higher expectations.[/quote] sorry, COM, very sorry to say that I could not fulfill your expectations. I am so sad and disappointed that I could not do that one simple thing to make you happy or satisfied. There is only one solution, don't expect anything of me. meh, this thread is useless now. Could any admin be so kind enough as to delete this thread?

Banned
0 0

Patriotism highlights arbitrary differences. Whether it does this to celebrate diversity or to shed a positive light on xenophobia matters not.

Anyone who cares about what ground they were born on is a twat, a patriot is nothing more than a person suppressing rational thought.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Because COM wasn't so nice, you're giving up on a thread that you obviously thought had worth? Was it because of the degrading way he called you a child, maybe?

Jeez, that's quite pathetic. It is, isn't it? Quite a shame in a way, but maybe it's for the best seeing as he doesn't seem to learn. Hopefully he'll go away, do some reflecting, learn some, try to think for himself and form an actual opinion and some thoughts about the subject at hand. Then he could return and actually start a discussion that is of some worth.

0 0

spyware wrote: Patriotism highlights arbitrary differences. Whether it does this to celebrate diversity or to shed a positive light on xenophobia matters not.

Anyone who cares about what ground they were born on is a twat, a patriot is nothing more than a person suppressing rational thought. I was thinking along the same lines here.

MoshBat wrote: Because COM wasn't so nice, you're giving up on a thread that you obviously thought had worth? Was it because of the degrading way he called you a child, maybe?

Jeez, that's quite pathetic. Answer to the 1st question, nope, it was because I didn't want to waste my time by turning another thread into a flamewar, but now as you guys are determined to do so, let it be. Answer to the 2nd one, nope, lol. As such, the conclusion was quite off the mark.

@ COM, I did not know you were the one who decided whether discussions were worth to be present on HBH Forum, sorry, my bad.

0 0

goluhaque wrote: [quote]spyware wrote: Patriotism highlights arbitrary differences. Whether it does this to celebrate diversity or to shed a positive light on xenophobia matters not.

Anyone who cares about what ground they were born on is a twat, a patriot is nothing more than a person suppressing rational thought. I was thinking along the same lines here. [/quote] Hah, no, no you weren't. You started a thread full of questions, bad ones at that, and no opinions or answers whatsoever. You could have stated an opinion and seen what the rest make of it, but you did not. You did not think and that's the initial problem with this whole thread, your thoughts extended to no more than just the questions. You have every bit of information one could ask for yet you did not manage to piece together an opinion of your own, merely asking us to answer it for you. As if it was such an open-ended and complex question, hah.

What you said was the equivalent on making a post like this: hi guys, I was thinking about sql injection, how do you do it? No thought, not a single attempt presented on your part and it's obvious that if there was one, it failed.

goluhaque wrote: [quote]MoshBat wrote: Because COM wasn't so nice, you're giving up on a thread that you obviously thought had worth? Was it because of the degrading way he called you a child, maybe?

Jeez, that's quite pathetic. Answer to the 1st question, nope, it was because I didn't want to waste my time by turning another thread into a flamewar, but now as you guys are determined to do so, let it be. Answer to the 2nd one, nope, lol. As such, the conclusion was quite off the mark.

@ COM, I did not know you were the one who decided whether discussions were worth to be present on HBH Forum, sorry, my bad.[/quote] Regarding your answers, which are in actuality clearly just one answer. You are either lying, simply trying to make your previous pathetic response seem dignified and with maturity and reason. Or, you are actually arguing back, simply to defend your little ego, by telling us your reason and then promptly going against it. Not only going against it by the very fact that you responded, but by even sanctioning a flamewar, going against every thought and reason that you just presented to us as supposedly having. And for what? For replying to a couple of guys whose responses you cannot understand and as a defense you tell yourself that they are nothing but jerks? Seems to me that you are then either a hypocrite or a liar. As such, the conclusion was spot on.

And yeeeees, me being the one to decide was exactly what I said… I didn't quite see that, but I'm glad that you feel that way.

Sigh, now that you have allowed flaming, I'm sure you'll respond with some whiny post about how wrong and mean I am, to prove what a mature and deep-thinking adult you are. It's quite entertaining though to see you not just think of what we say as opinions and actually, I dunno, understand and consider them. That way you might honestly get somewhere and evolve as a person, would be a horrible thing indeed. So, drop me a post and let me know what a big, wrong, meanie I am, big boy, it makes my day, makes me feel in power ;)

0 0

COM wrote: [quote]goluhaque wrote: [quote]spyware wrote: Patriotism highlights arbitrary differences. Whether it does this to celebrate diversity or to shed a positive light on xenophobia matters not.

Anyone who cares about what ground they were born on is a twat, a patriot is nothing more than a person suppressing rational thought. I was thinking along the same lines here. [/quote] Hah, no, no you weren't. You started a thread full of questions, bad ones at that, and no opinions or answers whatsoever. You could have stated an opinion and seen what the rest make of it, but you did not. You did not think and that's the initial problem with this whole thread, your thoughts extended to no more than just the questions. You have every bit of information one could ask for yet you did not manage to piece together an opinion of your own, merely asking us to answer it for you. As if it was such an open-ended and complex question, hah.

What you said was the equivalent on making a post like this: hi guys, I was thinking about sql injection, how do you do it? No thought, not a single attempt presented on your part and it's obvious that if there was one, it failed.

goluhaque wrote: [quote]MoshBat wrote: Because COM wasn't so nice, you're giving up on a thread that you obviously thought had worth? Was it because of the degrading way he called you a child, maybe?

@ COM, I did not know you were the one who decided whether discussions were worth to be present on HBH Forum, sorry, my bad.[/quote] Regarding your answers, which are in actuality clearly just one answer. You are either lying, simply trying to make your previous pathetic response seem dignified and with maturity and reason. Or, you are actually arguing back, simply to defend your little ego, by telling us your reason and then promptly going against it. Not only going against it by the very fact that you responded, but by even sanctioning a flamewar, going against every thought and reason that you just presented to us as supposedly having. And for what? For replying to a couple of guys whose responses you cannot understand and as a defense you tell yourself that they are nothing but jerks? Seems to me that you are then either a hypocrite or a liar. As such, the conclusion was spot on.

And yeeeees, me being the one to decide was exactly what I said… I didn't quite see that, but I'm glad that you feel that way.

Sigh, now that you have allowed flaming, I'm sure you'll respond with some whiny post about how wrong and mean I am, to prove what a mature and deep-thinking adult you are. It's quite entertaining though to see you not just think of what we say as opinions and actually, I dunno, understand and consider them. That way you might honestly get somewhere and evolve as a person, would be a horrible thing indeed. So, drop me a post and let me know what a big, wrong, meanie I am, big boy, it makes my day, makes me feel in power ;) [/quote] Agreed, I did not state my opinion directly at first because I was afraid how people would take it, not being a patriotic and all. Wasn't it clear when I asked a question with my doubts about the other opinion one could hold of the topic? Or are you so dense? That is no reason for it to be called pathetic, or is it? Anyway, here is me for categorically stating my opinion. As to the existence of the question, I wanted to ask it to know the reason why so many people supported patriotism(if you know what I mean) as such, any reason behind it I was missing. Also, relates to that is why people fight over "My country is good, your country is bad" shit. I think of the existence of countries merely as the existence of another division of land and no different to other differentiations/divisions(the implication is more literal, here). As such, why should it be given more importance than others? It seems like you did not get what I was saying. I rather meant to the expression of opinion of all the members rather than just you, if you do understand. Again, what seems to you, does not concern me. Also, I am no person to "sanction" a flamewar and, I called neither of you jerks. Please state which of my reasons did I go against?

0 0

qoluhaque wrote: It seems like you did not get what I was saying. I rather meant to the expression of opinion of all the members rather than just you, if you do understand. Again, what seems to you, does not concern me. Also, I am no person to "sanction" a flamewar and, I called neither of you jerks. Please state which of my reasons did I go against? It seems you did not get what I was saying. I am not going to state or elaborate on anything because everything is clear in my previous statement, I didn't even go by implication this time or an expected understanding. So let's leave that since you will obviously not see it.

goluhaque wrote: Anyway, here is me for categorically stating my opinion. As to the existence of the question, I wanted to ask it to know the reason why so many people supported patriotism(if you know what I mean) as such, any reason behind it I was missing. Also, relates to that is why people fight over "My country is good, your country is bad" shit. I think of the existence of countries merely as the existence of another division of land and no different to other differentiations/divisions(the implication is more literal, here). As such, why should it be given more importance than others?

Good answer, man, thank you. Good that you finally state your opinion in full, now you might actually get some valuable opinions about what you think :) In fact here is the only thing you should need: to most, countries are more than mere borders. Try to figure the rest out for yourself and seeing it from someone else's eyes from square one. For a fuller understanding, you are going to need a greater insight into human nature and people's minds than what you have. And that will take time if you really want to get it.

0 0

COM wrote: It seems you did not get what I was saying. I am not going to state or elaborate on anything because everything is clear in my previous statement, I didn't even go by implication this time or an expected understanding. So let's leave that since you will obviously not see it.

Good answer, man, thank you. Good that you finally state your opinion in full, now you might actually get some valuable opinions about what you think :) Speak for yourself sucker, people here are not as stupid as you.

0 0

goluhaque wrote: [quote]COM wrote: It seems you did not get what I was saying. I am not going to state or elaborate on anything because everything is clear in my previous statement, I didn't even go by implication this time or an expected understanding. So let's leave that since you will obviously not see it.

Good answer, man, thank you. Good that you finally state your opinion in full, now you might actually get some valuable opinions about what you think :) Speak for yourself sucker, people here are not as stupid as you.[/quote] Ahahahaha, that was absolutely brilliant, couldn't respond for a while because I was laughing too hard. Cheers, mate, I honestly wasn't expecting that :D Such a good laugh, oh dear, I have tears in my eyes :)

10 0

It's the next one! Patriotism and nationalism are a shit! Fosters war and the "animal" among the peoples! When they should be just united! (There is only one race! The human!) The hackers are a very new community and already globalized know it very well! For those with other readings or search for scientific knowledge and rational! I point out to examine a little the concept of Panopticon:

(The philosopher and historian Michel Foucault Has drawn particular attention to it in Discipline and Punish (1975) * To search on Foucault's Panopticon *

The state itself has no means of policing all people! therefore these sentiments were forged for embedded inside each citizen a self-policing (Building inside a person's ROBOCOP THE SYSTEM!) and the imprisonment of human beings …

*** Here comes the state and fools the poor innocent citizen with stupid ideas like: Ask not what your country can do for you! Ask what you can do for your country ***

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA It has to be to fall into that donkey right??

(He was the future!) = John Lennon:

Imagine there's no Heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today

Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions I wonder if you can No need for greed or hunger A brotherhood of man Imagine all the people Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one

RootsBabilonia*** :ninja:

Ninja Extreme
0 0

It's times like this I wish I had banhammer access……

10 0
  • or - Inglish: Sure! I saw your age! And that you are too young yet! : |
  • There's one that still plays with Pikachus! hahahaha (FOI MAL MANO, but it is regrettable!) We also found that the brain you did not understand a concept of a parallel with Foucault! It's what I hope too much from people! hahahaha Do you play with encryption and can not understand a post?? MANO! That is unfortunate!

Portugues: Certo!!! Eu vi a idade de voces! É que voces sao muito criança ainda! :| *Tem um que ainda brinca com pikachus! ;) hahahaha (FOI MAL MANO, MAS É LAMENTAVEL!) Tambem achei que o cêrebro de voces não entenderia um paralelo com um conceito de Foucault! É que eu espero demais das pessoas! hahahaha Vocês brincam com criptografia e não conseguem entender um post??? MANO! ISSO É LAMENTAVEL! :(

RootsBabilonia***

0 0

Regarding the original topic, I think patriotism in a large number of cases is some form of mob mentality. People usually don't feel patriotic as such unless they're with a bunch of other people.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Okay, I don't know what the fuck that last post was on about, though that isn't surprising as he can't even spell translate. I don't know how you could't understand it. It was very related to the topic. Or are you referring to his English?

10 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]RootsBabilonia wrote:

• or - Inglish: Sure! I saw your age! And that you are too young yet! : |
  • There's one that still plays with Pikachus! hahahaha (FOI MAL MANO, but it is regrettable!) We also found that the brain you did not understand a concept of a parallel with Foucault! It's what I hope too much from people! hahahaha Do you play with encryption and can not understand a post?? MANO! That is unfortunate!

Age is irrelevant. The thing with the Pikachus is apparently missed on you. The last person to think they were serious also believed that vampires were real, and I don't mean badass vampires, I'm talking about the sparkly kind. My Brain didn't quite manage to figure out a word you said, as it's nothing like English. Sure, I could have sat and figured it out, but I have better uses of 30 minutes.

Look, you can't speak English, and your (frankly pathetic) attempts only make you look stupid. I know, I know, it's not your native language, but c'mon, try at least.

Portuguese: Você é um idiota[/quote]

Everything in life works this way, little boy! The more experienced :ninja: show you the paths you follow if you want …

But HACKERS usually want the knowledge of how everything works! You refused to see the world that lives works! Huummmmm … Is something wrong here! :right:

Mosh … I think you're an alienated child (pre-shaped) and rich boy with no concern for life!

= Homer Simpson (HAHAHAHAHA)

Our worlds are very different!

Contrary to what many think :o … THAT KIND OF DEBATE IS VERY INTERESTING! :p

[Greetings to: India, Lebanon, Russia and throughout Latin America]

RootsBabilonia***