Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

DefCon 18 - are you going?

0 0

I'll be going to Defcon again this year and was curious if anyone else here will be attending. I'd be keen on grabbing a beer with some other HBHers

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Wish I could, but unfortunately this is another one of those "age" things :(

0 0

wow, you like 16! even if you could go there is like a big ass payment thing just to get in!

0 0

It's really not that expensive, IIRC last year's fee was 140$ and the badge was included. You do have to pay in cash tho

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Blackmercury wrote: wow, you like 16!

Is that a question? Those usually have "?"'s at the end.

even if you could go there is like a big ass payment thing just to get in!

As samurai mentioned, it's not that much.

Banned
0 0

Take pictures.

0 0

I wish

Admin from hell
0 0

I'm planning on it since I missed the last 3 yrs. We'll see how things go in the next week or so.

0 1

spyware wrote: Take pictures.

and they'd better be damned good ones too.

0 0

@korg - let me know what you decide, if you end up going we can link up at some point

@spyware/fuser - i'll do my best, tho I'm not a big fan of cameras…

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

wolfmankurd wrote: I wish

+1

0 0

I'm probably going in 2-3 years when I can actually raise that type of money without spending half my stash.

0 0

I'll be getting in late tomorrow evening (sometime after 2200, local time) and will be staying at the Riv. Anyone else end up deciding to go?

Banned
0 0

only_samurai wrote: I'll be getting in late tomorrow evening (sometime after 2200, local time) and will be staying at the Riv. Anyone else end up deciding to go?

I hope you've booked stuff with fake names and all. I heard attending defcon is autolisted at CIA and whatnot.

0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]only_samurai wrote: I'll be getting in late tomorrow evening (sometime after 2200, local time) and will be staying at the Riv. Anyone else end up deciding to go?

I hope you've booked stuff with fake names and all. I heard attending defcon is autolisted at CIA and whatnot.[/quote]

lol, i'm not sure that's actually true. the con itself doesn't keep track of who comes. All tickets are sold cash only, with no receipt so as to keep things anonymous.

my guess is belonging to HBH is more likely to get you on a list than going to defcon.

0 0

fuser wrote: [quote]spyware wrote: Take pictures.

and they'd better be damned good ones too. [/quote]

As requested, pictures and a short write-up of the con on the psych0tik blog: http://blog.psych0tik.net/?p=359

0 1

holy shit retro computers. I just got a boner just seeing that.

Admin from hell
0 0

Damn I wish I would have been there, Oh well next year!

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Looks like it was fun :) Glad you took some pics.