Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Learning Assembly and Graphics(Animation)

0 0

I have been dawdling into both these topics for quite sometime,though I did not get too far in either.In assembly,I only know basic input/output,in graphics,I have only gotten as far as stick figures(on a stick studio).

I wish to go deeper into both the topics now and would like to get a few pointers.

Doubts: Assembly: A good tutorial(or book) and assembler combination(for windows). A good book on designing efficient algorithms. Graphics: 1.)Software(for animation),preferably free(I do not like to pay for home/student use) 2.)Tutorial:For absolute newbies,should be in combination with the software.

As with C/C++,I have searched the net and found too many answers to pick from. Sorry,but I didn't know where to post it,so I posted it here.:)

0 0

What? You want to code graphics with asm?

0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: What? You want to code graphics with asm?

It's possible.

0 0

freekstyle wrote: [quote]wolfmankurd wrote: What? You want to code graphics with asm?

It's possible. [/quote]

Well yes. But not practical, save for masochists.

0 0

mattseanbachman wrote: [quote]freekstyle wrote: [quote]wolfmankurd wrote: What? You want to code graphics with asm?

It's possible. [/quote]

Well yes. But not practical, save for masochists. [/quote]

Says those who don't have enough patience and don't try hard enough.

755 14

I know a guy that would be perfect he is studying computer science he's getting his doctorate soon he is specializing in graphics. For a project his team made a back pack and head unit and electric gun so you could walk around the uni shooting doom monsters. $80,000US worth. He's doing some stuff with holograms at the momment. Unfortunatily he doesn't mix with our crowed.

0 0

freekstyle wrote: [quote]mattseanbachman wrote: [quote]freekstyle wrote: [quote]wolfmankurd wrote: What? You want to code graphics with asm?

It's possible. [/quote]

Says those who don't have enough patience and don't try hard enough.[/quote]

In this context, I absolutely agree.;)

0 0

The-Scarecrow wrote: I know a guy that would be perfect he is studying computer science he's getting his doctorate soon he is specializing in graphics. For a project his team made a back pack and head unit and electric gun so you could walk around the uni shooting doom monsters. $80,000US worth. He's doing some stuff with holograms at the momment. Unfortunatily he doesn't mix with our crowed.

Hey I heard my cousin talking about that, I'd love to see that finished xD.

0 0

No,I do not want to code graphics in assembly,I want to learn each topic SEPERATELY.

0 0

onejerlo wrote: No,I do not want to code graphics in assembly,I want to learn each topic SEPERATELY.

(good choice) :)

Here is an ebook you may find helpful (with assembly):

http://drop.io/zvasbfl

0 0

freekstyle wrote: [quote]mattseanbachman wrote: [quote]freekstyle wrote: [quote]wolfmankurd wrote: What? You want to code graphics with asm?

It's possible. [/quote]

Why not code in machine code you dick. Better yet use stones on an infinate plane of sand. a la http://www.xkcd.com/505/

0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: [quote]freekstyle wrote: [quote]mattseanbachman wrote: [quote]freekstyle wrote: [quote]wolfmankurd wrote: What? You want to code graphics with asm?

It's possible. [/quote]

Why not code in machine code you dick. Better yet use stones on an infinate plane of sand. a la http://www.xkcd.com/505/[/quote]

Yeah, why don't all assembly programmers go play with stones. None of us have anything better to do. Right? Tell me something I haven't heard before.

If you're trying to say that assembly is tedious to work with, then you're wrong. When you know it well, it's fine to work with. Besides, you get errors when you assemble something that's not right, and the errors you get are not any worse to figure out than some of the worthless errors some high level languages give you.

Why the hell do you care what I chose to program in anyways? It'd be nice if you can stick to your programming language, and I'll stick to mine.

Mad Hatter
0 0

Im sure the concept behind wanting to use ASM to accomplish your task is speed but why not code various libraries (SOME ALREADY CODED IN ASM) and link them to a more sophisticated language thereby gaining the speed you desire and losing thousands or possibly more lines of code and save lots of time for instance paint shop pro uses python libraries for speed and photoshop uses matlab libraries for speed it would have been pointless to have coded PSP entirely in in python and I'm not really sure they have GUI capabilities in Matlab newho you can probably find some great ASM Graphics libraries and resources here

http://www.thefreecountry.com/ http://www.thefreecountry.com/programming/dosextenders.shtml

for a start besides some great tutorials

0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: [quote]freekstyle wrote: [quote]mattseanbachman wrote: [quote]freekstyle wrote: [quote]wolfmankurd wrote: What? You want to code graphics with asm?

It's possible. [/quote]

Why not code in machine code you dick. Better yet use stones on an infinate plane of sand. a la http://www.xkcd.com/505/[/quote]

Actually, coding in machine code can be fun, be it tedious.

0 0

Yeah there was a thread on this a while back. Coding in machine code is blah blah blah