Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Aspiring DJ's?

0 0

Hey folks, system_meltdown recently got me into dubstep and happy hardcore and I've taken a turn for the better. Meaning I'm ADDICTED!

I really like happy hardcore and I've taken shots at mixing on Virtual DJ and stuff of the sort, but its hard to multi task like you would with some decks.

So, along with my hobby for computers, I've tacked on becoming a DJ. I've always LOVED the idea, just never really knew where to start and how to go about it.

But now, I know where to start(still don't know how to go about it) and I've been looking for some decks. Nothing too big/expensive. Although, you can't really get DJ stuff without it being expensive.

What I've been looking at are 2 Pioneer CDJ400's, a DJM909 mixer, a HDJ2000 headset and a coffin for it all. Possibly a sound card. Total cost in United States is roughly 3000 dollars. :angry:

Glad I'm getting a good job this summer and hopefully after that.

Anyone here have a love for Dubstep/Happy Hardcore/Hardcore/etc. etc.? Favorite DJ's?

thnx to system_meltdown for getting me into this.

R6W

Ninja Extreme
0 0

I love listening to DeepBase9 and Happy hardcore (I'd also like to check out some other stations or artists for populating my ipod, if anyone has any recommendations). I've never heard of Dubstep, so I guess I'll check that one out later tonight.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about the equipment itself that's used to produce such wonderful beats, but when I googled some of the mixers you mentioned, I definitely see why your interested in it. The CDJ400's look really sweet to play with.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Burial is supposed to be really good. It's not really my thing, but it's interesting.

0 0

Yeah, it takes maybe a half hour to go watch some videos from YouTube to get the gist of what does what where. I just don't know how to connect it all. Thats something I'll have to read into.

And the CDJ400 are basic. Google the CDJ2000's. Now those are beasts. I wouldn't spend that much money on my very first pair of decks though.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

ynori7 wrote: Burial is fucking god-like

I fixed it :D

0 0

hah, thnx s_m

IDK if its just me, but I'm one of those people that like the best things/semi-best things.

Take computers for example. On a yearly basis I'll spend 2K or more, just on new stuff. Don't ask me why, I just do for the fun of it.

I think same applies here. I just have the desire for the best, no matter the cost. If I need to save a little bit more, for a few more months, I think I'll those few months. LOL

What are some HHC artists?

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Hixxy, Styles, Gammer, Dougal, CLSM, Billy Daniel Bunter, Manian, UK Hardcore, Sy, Unknown, Force. Can't think of many more of the top of my head, but will update when I remember, will check some of my old CDs and edit with some other artists.

Banned
0 0

RedSixWhiskey wrote: I think same applies here. I just have the desire for the best, no matter the cost. If I need to save a little bit more, for a few more months, I think I'll those few months

The "best" for you might be simple equipment from the mid-eighties. Fuck, you need to learn the basics. And drop the term "DJ", it means shit all.

Go make some fucking music first, before you're stealing other people's work.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

spyware wrote: [quote]RedSixWhiskey wrote: I think same applies here. I just have the desire for the best, no matter the cost. If I need to save a little bit more, for a few more months, I think I'll those few months

The "best" for you might be simple equipment from the mid-eighties. Fuck, you need to learn the basics. And drop the term "DJ", it means shit all.

Go make some fucking music first, before you're stealing other people's work.[/quote]

DJ = Disc Jockey, as in mixing live for an audience, it doesn't mean you create your own music. Some DJs are also producers who will sample works or use snippets of films, tv shows etc, but it's not exactly stealing as a lot of the producers get clearance first else most label won't release it, which is why bootleg remixes (when an artist can't get sample clearance) are released on white label as "Unknown Artist Vs. [original artist] - [Track Name] ([Genre] Remix)"

0 0

Oh, my bad spyware, sorry for shoving a pine cone up your ass and twisting it.

I realize I need to learn the basics. I never said I didn't. And from what I've read on where most DJ's start out, they started mixing other peoples work, then moving on to making their own. Oh look, I said DJ again, hmmm….get over it.

I never said I wouldn't make my own music, in fact, I don't think I specified anywhere in what order or what I would do with the decks.

However, I didn't say that I have mixed before. A few years ago, a friends dad of mine worked at some unpopular clubs just for fun. He let me mess around with his vinyl decks a few times. And to be quite honest, I didn't like the vinyl at all. I like the more technologically advanced things. Not to mention, in the long run, vinyl is more expensive.

I'll go about it the way I prefer, ok? ok.

R6W

0 0

Good choice. I'm at Uni in Bristol, one of the sources of dubstep. Regularly get to see artists like:

Netsky Vaski Rusko Emalkay Subfocus Roni Size

This song is a MUST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsgLL2hM3Tc

Banned
0 0

RedSixWhiskey wrote: Oh, my bad spyware, sorry for shoving a pine cone up your ass and twisting it.

Cute.

The reason I "lashed out" at you is that in this age of technological prevalence, many teenage dicksters try their hand at this "DJ" game. Your post reminded me of the many people I've seen stating that they "want to become a DJ!", only to later on hear them mixing two crappy top-40 songs, post their "work" on SoundClick and ask me how good it was. These dipshits forget to learn any musical theory or develop any musical ability/sense at all.

I genuinely hope that my skepticism is unjust, and that you'll become not one of those faux-DJ's, lowlife musical scumbags. I really do. For what it's worth, you seem like a pretty decent guy so there just might be hope yet.

I'll go about it the way I prefer, ok? ok.

I wouldn't have it any other way. Good luck.

0 0

Yeah, I dont envision myself as just some tard mixing 2 songs into each other. If I wanted to do that, I'd use Virtual DJ.

Not only do I want to mix but I want the understanding and know how to know when to use the effects and what all I can use, along with parts from other tracks.

I've also tried my hand at making some music, but it didn't go over too well. :angry: Gonna need to practice on that. If it means anything, sometimes when I hear a song, I can play it over in my head, strip away everything except for a certain tone or beat, then layer it on top of other samples from other tracks.

And I find that I mostly don't like the Top 40 or Top 100 lists. Filled with too much crap

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

f1lth wrote: [quote]mambo wrote: Good choice. I'm at Uni in Bristol, one of the sources of dubstep. Regularly get to see artists like:

Netsky Vaski Rusko Emalkay Subfocus Roni Size

This song is a MUST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsgLL2hM3Tc

Rusko! Rusko! Rusko! Anything dubstep is whats up! But you cant forget Skream, Benga, Caspa!! oh and thats a legit remix. check this one out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivW8f8hfbAg[/quote]

Rusko when he made Acton Dread, SNES Dub, Gone 2 Far = YES. Rusko now = NO (minus "Hold On").

Numa Crew are awesome too, check out The Bug, Loefah, Mala, Plastician, Distance if you like relaxed stuff.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Made a dubstep mix earlier today, comprised completely of dubplates (unreleased tracks).

Tracklist:

Natty - Bedroom Eyes (Benton Remix) Cotti & Cluekid - Gangsta 4 Life VIP Von D & Riskotheque - Like A Bird Noah D & Mensah - Kashmir The Others & Distinction - Violet Emalkay - Livin' Dead Lojik - Shakedown Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy (Mensah Remix) Bar 9 - Piano Tune The Others - Off The Wall Dismantle - Filthy Criminal Ashburner & Goli - Field Of Vibrations LoneStar - Disco Stick Laid Blak - Red (Chasing Shadows Remix) Noah D - Seeeriousss VIP

Link: http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/45128205/file.html