Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

The best burglars, how do they do it?

0 0

There was a jewelry store burglary that caught my attention recently. This is what i have got about it so far: They cut the phone line going to the jewelry store to disable the main alarm.
Then they broke into a business next to the jewelry store and then cut a whole through the wall into the jewelry store.
Some how they were able to circumvent the backup cellular alarm. The cell backup alarm works similar to a cell phone so that even if the phone line is cut the alarm will still work. After all that they were able to get into a very sophisticated safe holding almost a million dollars worth of gold and jewelry.
They did all this leaving no prints, dna or video evidence…

Alarm systems and the way they work have always intrigued me. I am curious how this was achieved and if you could help me understand it. I know more than likely that no one here is an alarms expert but you may know something I don't or have/find a resource i didn't.

I find it funny that the cellular backup alarm wasn't activated or no bells and whistles sounded when the phone line was cut to the building. As far as the cellular alarm being circumvented, ive heard of a device that can redirect the call so that the alarm company never receives it.

How the hell did they do it?

Banned
0 0

Questionable content is questionable.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

spyware wrote: Questionable content is questionable.

Valid statement is valid.

0 1

that's nothing. If you want something ironic, try this: The Police Chief in my state had his car stolen during breakfast. I laughed at the severe irony in his case.

The Manager
0 0

There are devices that can jam a cellular signal. They are illegal in most places, however, if someone is robbing a jewel shop they will most likely not care about the legalities. Anyways, This is a very simple job to pull off if you have the mind to get all the information on your target. It is all the same as hacking a website. Gather information and do with it what you morally think correct.

0 0

AldarHawk wrote: There are devices that can jam a cellular signal. They are illegal in most places, however, if someone is robbing a jewel shop they will most likely not care about the legalities. Anyways, This is a very simple job to pull off if you have the mind to get all the information on your target. It is all the same as hacking a website. Gather information and do with it what you morally think correct. yeah, like a AWACS aircraft, only it is much smaller. ;)

0 0

Do you have a link to the article?

0 0

Dont have to watch CSI: Miami, New York, or Vegas to know that the first cell phone jammers were being produced by the NSA in the 80's. So if they had em then, then I'd be damn certain they got em now. You can order em offline probably. Just like they have Radio Scanners.

0 0

Well, if you're taking 1 Mil in jewelry, then I would only assume you'd try to plan this out. If the burglars did infact do their research, it is entirely possible that the place could have used a Cell alarm signal. You see what all they use just by doing a bit of digging for the blue prints at your local courthouse (in United States) and taking a look from there. Pretty simple. I can get the blue prints of the school and see what vulnerabilities they have, etc.:ninja:

0 0

And then convict -.-

I was merely providing an example of how someone can get the blue prints of something.

0 0

If you want to successfully pull something like robbing a jewelry store, of course you will need to do some homework.

Knowledge isn't the only factor in this situation. You will have to know how to use the knowledge that you have. You could know all about alarm systems, lock picking, cell jamming, ect… But simply knowing the content isn't going to get you anywhere.

0 0

Thanks for the replies. I'm still really curious about this and I dont believe I'm the only one as we are all here to learn about security related topics. So help on the topic will be appreciated by us all.

There doesn't seem to be any information on this type of thing that i can find through google besides, "Alarm Bypass" http://www.scribd.com/doc/4227138/Alarm-Bypass which is odd since I always believed the internet was the key to knowledge, of any kind,… Though this 'book' was an interesting read it is not as detailed or informational as it first seems. It would be nice to learn how they work (much more detailed) and how people defeat them (without inside access). Its common knowledge that you can clip the telephone line on a non dedicated line system to disable it, but what about the dedicated system? And what about the wireless backup? How are they bypassed/redirected/defeated? What types of systems are there? How do you recognize them? how does each work? I haven't found anything near what I'm looking for. Am I missing something? Does anyone know of a book/article/schematics or whatever that would be a good resource? thanks again for the responses and taking the time to read this.

0 0

maybe they rang the sim used in the cell phone back up or soemthiing.

Banned
0 0

Inside job.

Hmm thats 2.