Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Countries and Definitions

0 0

Well, I was thinking of a definition to define countries exactly. I mean to say, are they really like a division of the people of the world on a higher pedestal compared to other divisions(as claimed by nationalists of all countries) or are just like any other division(eg.race,creed etc.). Please don't misunderstand the basic concept behind the reason of this thread. I didn't create it for flaming countries and saying fuck whatever. And, please don't do the same. Indeed, before anyone fights over countries, he/she should understand it first.

0 1

well, from what I've noticed, most countries are defined by ideology, ethnicity, religion, etc. Many countries normally define themselves this way, which is why some countries have a state religion, state ideology, etc.

0 0

fuser wrote: well, from what I've noticed, most countries are defined by ideology, ethnicity, religion, etc. Many countries normally define themselves this way, which is why some countries have a state religion, state ideology, etc.

so the conclusion would be that they are not worth dying for?

0 1

well, depends. If you think dying for your country is worth it since you believe in what you're fighting in, I guess sure, why not.

If you don't agree to fight for the cause they ask you to fight for, go against it.

0 0

fuser wrote: well, depends. If you think dying for your country is worth it since you believe in what you're fighting in, I guess sure, why not.

If you don't agree to fight for the cause they ask you to fight for, go against it.

no, what I mean to say is that other divisions are as worth dying for as the country? Also, many countries are a mixture of races, ethnicities, religions etc(like India, Russia etc.), What then is the basis of formation of these countries?

0 1

goluhaque wrote: [quote]fuser wrote: well, depends. If you think dying for your country is worth it since you believe in what you're fighting in, I guess sure, why not.

no, what I mean to say is that other divisions are as worth dying for as the country? Also, many countries are a mixture of races, ethnicities, religions etc(like India, Russia etc.), What then is the basis of formation of these countries?[/quote]

well, countries are usually defined by the borders established by the leaders during their inception, and it can either increase or decrease over time, like India.

India was originally larger, but after independence, pakistan broke off with india due to religious and ideological issues. The people are usually either born in it, just couldn't care less or they happen to be supporters of the ideals the country holds.

You will notice there are often people who are dissatisfied with the country they live in, but most learn to adapt over time and call it home.

0 0

fuser wrote: [quote]goluhaque wrote: [quote]fuser wrote: well, depends. If you think dying for your country is worth it since you believe in what you're fighting in, I guess sure, why not.

no, what I mean to say is that other divisions are as worth dying for as the country? Also, many countries are a mixture of races, ethnicities, religions etc(like India, Russia etc.), What then is the basis of formation of these countries?[/quote]

well, countries are usually defined by the borders established by the leaders during their inception, and it can either increase or decrease over time, like India.

India was originally larger, but after independence, pakistan broke off with india due to religious and ideological issues. The people are usually either born in it, just couldn't care less or they happen to be supporters of the ideals the country holds.

You will notice there are often people who are dissatisfied with the country they live in, but most learn to adapt over time and call it home. [/quote] Heh. India as it is now, got Indeoendence the same way. Both Pakistan and India got Indepndence at the same time(12:00 midnight or 00:00, whatever you call it). I know that for a fact since I am an Indian.

countries are usually defined by the borders and yes, definition as in the definition of a term. In that respect, isn't your persspective a little off the mark?

0 1

well, from what I usually feel, it is usually defined by the borders defined by the leaders themselves, and to make themselves different, they usually have something to define their state with, such as ideology and state religion, etc. In fact, even if two countries are similar in terms of populace, climate, etc, there are usually differences that makes it distinctive from one to another.

-writing on a headache and lack of sleep makes me incoherent, in case anyone doesn't understand me.