Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

?Question¿

0 0

When I visit this site, I can't see my FTP post on the home page, but after I log in I can. Why is this?

Banned
0 0

The posts in the off-topic section are hidden for guests.

edit: god damnit.

0 0

Better than me? Or at spyware?

And I thought I was on here allot, but moshbat must be on more than me. Kudos's lol.

I kinda like the Off Topic forum. I think people should post there more often. But I guess I can't say much, I'm always in the programming forums; or the code bank :D.

Speaking of which anyone know where to find some good examples or tutorials on SYN flooding. I need some code samples. Python2.6 preferred. I have Impacket and Scapy. Impacket works, but no good examples. And Scapy, but the only way I could get it to installed was to comment out the

SCRIPTS += ['bin/scapy.bat','bin/UTscapy.bat']

in the setup.py file. The files I downloaded from there site (http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/) and the "scapy.bat" isn't in the download. It is in the directory but it's a just a file. No extentions, just a file. After looking at the file, the source is a .py file.

0 0

Someone needs to sort out those fucking URL tags. Almost ALL URLs that aren't "www.site.com/page.xxx" don't work. E.g: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=SYN+Flooding+Tutorial

I have googled the subject, searched forums and special searches. I understand the concept behind it, and why it happens. I need code examples. Hopefully with python. I've seen VB and C++, byt they don't use Impacket, or Scapy.

0 0

Document yes. But no example. I will play with the module, I'm sure I will learn. Just wanted to check if someone has some code, or immediate examples for me to check out.

0 0

I don't need examples. I was going to see if someone has done it before me. I'm sure some has in python. If I couldn't have found it on google, why not ask a hacking community that knows this kinda thing?

Ninja Extreme
0 0

I don't see why you think he was wrong to come here, define. I was actually looking for information recently on how to do a syn flood in python, too, and I found about as much as he did, possibly less. I didn't really google my heart out, but it's clear there really isn't that much information on python syn-floods.

0 0

After playing around with Impacket, I found what I needed.

from impacket import ImpactPacket
ip = ImpactPacket.IP()
ip.set_ip_src('192.168.1.1')
ip.set_ip_dst('192.168.1.2') #assume its a web server...
tcp = ImpactPacket.TCP()
tcp = tcp.set_SYN()
s.sendto(ip.get_packet(),('192.168.1.2',80))

That is the basics on how to set up a SYN packet and use sendto from the socket module to send it.

For a flooder, you could put it in a while loop and generate random source IP's, and use range() to loop through ports.

I plan on writing a flooder or two. I just started a new job though so time isn't on my side (30hrs+ a week, plus school…). I will upload it to the code bank when I get a working example.

Ipmapcket can be found here: http://oss.coresecurity.com/projects/impacket.html