Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

OFF topic any droid users here ?

0 0

just curious as to how many people here use a droid or android phone ? i just picked up a htc hero and it seems really nice, if you are a droid user what are your fav apps ?

hope this is the correct place for this thread

0 0

I have a Milestone the european version of the droid. George Lucas doesn't let Motorola use "Droid" in europe, but then apple doesn't let google use pinch zoom in the US.

Erm, nothing I really love… Have yout ried writing yoru own apps? The SDK is easy enough to get a hold of and so is the eclipse plugin.

0 0

I have an HTC Hero. Btw, it's just "android phone", not sure where all that "droid" nonsense comes from, the Droid is a Motorola phone and has next to nothing to do with Google's Android OS.

I like my Android, but looking back, I should've waited a few more months for Nokia's N900.

0 0

Compromise wrote: I have an HTC Hero. Btw, it's just "android phone", not sure where all that "droid" nonsense comes from, the Droid is a Motorola phone and has next to nothing to do with Google's Android OS.

I like my Android, but looking back, I should've waited a few more months for Nokia's N900.

Maybe he meant droid in particular, it did get a lot of hype, even compared to googles nexus one.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: Maybe he meant droid in particular, it did get a lot of hype, even compared to googles nexus one. I doubt it since he mentioned that he just got an HTC Hero in his post.

And, while I don't have Android, my favorite apps for Windows Mobile are Google Earth and my Gameboy emulator. I'm sure they exist for Android as well. That emulator has made class so much less boring.

0 0

ynori7 wrote: And, while I don't have Android, my favorite apps for Windows Mobile are Google Earth and my Gameboy emulator. I'm sure they exist for Android as well. That emulator has made class so much less boring.

Ah I take back what I said about not loving any apps in particular. Some GODS amongst men made NES SNES Mega Drive ( Genisis) GB GBA emulators on the android for free!

0 0

yeah i just got the hero battery sux, and landscape keyboard is tough but other than its ok the droid thing i think is like ail and abrv.. so many people say that i just kinda picked it up. i do realize that is is a Verizon thing with their Motorola droid but i was more interested in apps im suck at coding but wanted to try and make a app something simple …..prolly take me a year LOL thanks for the replies

0 0

+1 with the sucky batteries, I think they are good batteries just power hungry devices.

0 0

The battery doesn't suck. I can go ~5 days with mine (using latest version of Android ROM).

0 0

Compromise wrote: The battery doesn't suck. I can go ~5 days with mine (using latest version of Android ROM).

really the 2.1 ?? is it fully functional now ? i can get 1 day with gps off and wifi

0 0

I get about the same life, if the new rom fixes that then thats awesome. I can't see how it could fix the fact that GPS uses a biutt load unles syou mean the 2.1 rom for the droid that breaks gps and some led's and shit lol

0 0

I have wifi, GPS and internet access switched off when I don't use them :+, I also throw brightness at 50%, and 10% in the night (otherwise it hurts my eyes).

0 0

not that you may care but……

ok a few of my favs shopsavy- for bar-code scanning coin flip- cause its kinda kool ? fishing 2 go- im so addicted paid for this one ! spare parts- some good info handcent sms- better than stock to me shazam- cause i never remember the name of songs advanced task manager- obvious ad free- i hate ads but i realize its why some things are free better terminal emulator aloqa- its kinda kool auto killer root- to kill some bg stuff a contacts- the stock one is well.. shitty my bookmarks- imports from pc titanium backup- obvious mabilo ringtones- sometimes if im to lazy to make my own wifi/gps toggles fox news widget last call 1 click- great takes less taps to return calls locale- one of the collest apps i have seen lookout- just for the hell of it wher's my droid-just in case dual mount sd widget su file manager & terminal

now i do know that some of these are duplicates so to speak and i also realize i could be wrong on some of the explanations. having said that if there's some better apps than the ones i have please inform me.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

tbaybucs wrote: not that you may care but……

ok a few of my favs shopsavy- for bar-code scanning coin flip- cause its kinda kool ? fishing 2 go- im so addicted paid for this one ! spare parts- some good info handcent sms- better than stock to me shazam- cause i never remember the name of songs advanced task manager- obvious ad free- i hate ads but i realize its why some things are free better terminal emulator aloqa- its kinda kool auto killer root- to kill some bg stuff a contacts- the stock one is well.. shitty my bookmarks- imports from pc titanium backup- obvious mabilo ringtones- sometimes if im to lazy to make my own wifi/gps toggles fox news widget last call 1 click- great takes less taps to return calls locale- one of the collest apps i have seen lookout- just for the hell of it wher's my droid-just in case dual mount sd widget su file manager & terminal

now i do know that some of these are duplicates so to speak and i also realize i could be wrong on some of the explanations. having said that if there's some better apps than the ones i have please inform me.

Man, I wish blackberry had some of that shit :(

0 0

Finally got 2.0.1 for the milestone down here in the UK, it's not OTA yet but here's a link to sort you out: update page

I installed it it took like 30 mins but was painless enough… windows only though.

Can't wait for 2.1 :)

0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: Finally got 2.0.1 for the milestone down here in the UK, it's not OTA yet but here's a link to sort you out: update page

I installed it it took like 30 mins but was painless enough… windows only though.

do you know if that works for the htc hero cdma from sprint ?

0 0

tbaybucs wrote: [quote]wolfmankurd wrote: Finally got 2.0.1 for the milestone down here in the UK, it's not OTA yet but here's a link to sort you out: update page

do you know if that works for the htc hero cdma from sprint ?[/quote]

This release is from motorola website so I'm guessing it's no use to Hero guys :( Idk if HTC has it's own update system.

0 0

yeah sprint does ……ota… and they are about as fast as rebate checks

0 0

the whole booting process is way too long!

0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: the whole booting process is way too long!

You nearly -never- have to boot though. Yeah, it's long, but when you can easily reach uptimes of 40 days it doesn't really matter.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: And on day 41, you're running late, and you're forced to wait. :D

…yes, that is a possible outcome following the implications of the trade-off I hinted at.

0 0

idk, 2.0.1 has had a few bugs so far no biggie but enough to piss me off watching the stuipid motorola symbol

0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: idk, 2.0.1 has had a few bugs so far no biggie but enough to piss me off watching the stuipid motorola symbol

rooted ? change it lol

0 0

Don't see the point in rooting, whatever that symbol was I'd be annoyed by it. Maybe for wifi tethering.

0 0

wolfmankurd wrote: Don't see the point in rooting, whatever that symbol was I'd be annoyed by it. Maybe for wifi tethering.

cause you can ? lol

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]tbaybucs wrote: cause you can ? lol A question mark is not preceded by a space. Lol is not a mandatory word at the end of every post.[/quote]

Maybe he's actually laughing?

Well, I'e had a look and rooting lets you change the clock speed would be good to be able to turn it up and stop it skipping music when I browser etc. Or turn it down to save batter.

0 0

Sorry to revive a dead thread but this doesn't warrant a new thread. I've been playing with the ASE ( Android Scripting Envirnoment) which lets you run python, bash, ruby, perl etc etc scripts on your android phone. ( When I heard about this needless to say pants were soiled with jizz). Anyone written any worth while scripts?

0 0

in a round about way , that was my question

i have tried many roms and this one seems to be the fastest for my hero ZenEXP 0.9.7. you can find it over at xda