Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Portfolio Ideas

0 0

Hello, I am thinking about creating a portfolio. I would like your ideas and opinions on what types of things I should place in my portfolio.

I will place my resume on the first or second page, a table of contents, a insert for the front of the binder. I am mostly a programmer so I will be showing off my code. What other ways can I show of my ability's?

0 0

Sample code. Show commits you made to projects. Show some OOP, show some procedural programming. You can throw in a sample website to show you have knowledge of xHTML/CSS.

Depends on what company you are sending your C.V. though.

0 0

ShadyTyrant wrote: Hello, I am thinking about creating a portfolio. I would like your ideas and opinions on what types of things I should place in my portfolio.

That will change dependent upon what type of programming job it is. Employers / clients that are hiring a C programmer don't care what you've done on the web, and vice versa.

ShadyTyrant wrote: I am mostly a programmer so I will be showing off my code. What other ways can I show off my abilities? The only advice I can give you on what to show in your portfolio is to make sure you:

• Show that you can do the basic requirements of the job
  • Show that you actually enjoy programming by showing a number of "fun" projects
  • Include screenshots for GUI programs and/or a CD with the compiled programs on it
  • If you've done any technical writing (articles, etc.), you might include that as well

Pretty much, you need to show anything that shows competency and that you enjoy what you do. There are plenty of programmers out there that will be trying to land the gigs you are. The only way to make your portfolio effective is to make it better than average.

Don't think that your portfolio will stay made forever when you do it once, either. Just like a resume/CV, you really need to update it on a regular basis to keep it current and specialized to the position you're applying to.

Edit: On a serious note, you'll want to have someone proofread your resume and all written (non-code) content you put in there. Typos and misspelled words will get your resume thrown away instantly.

0 0

Thank you for your suggestions.

0 0

ShadyTyrant wrote: Thank you for your suggestions. You're welcome.

0 0

ShadyTyrant wrote: Thank you for your suggestions. define wrote: You're welcome. MoshBat wrote: You apparently didn't read that quite like I did… I felt there was something like "… But I'll ignore everything said" missing from the end of his post. Nah, got that. :) My post was sarcastic: hence its brevity and overall uselessness, just like the original.

0 0

Sorry I failed to see the sarcasm in this information…

• Show that you can do the basic requirements of the job
  • Show that you actually enjoy programming by showing a number of "fun" projects
  • Include screenshots for GUI programs and/or a CD with the compiled programs on it
  • If you've done any technical writing (articles, etc.), you might include that as well

Just fuck off

0 0

Your right im so sorry

hey sarcasm is fun

0 0

slink's back into my corner

Ninja Extreme
0 0

ShadyTyrant wrote: slink's back into my corner

And that, children, is how you fall for reverse sociology.

0 0

Epic fail after epic fail. :xx:

0 0

ShadyTyrant wrote: slink's back into my corner MoshBat wrote: Coupled with an incredibly dirty mind, you're getting arse-fucked by someone called Slink.

Now, that's funny.