Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

I'm Back!

0 0

Those of you who never knew or cared I was gone, relax! Your life is back to normal. You can stop reading now.

To prevent the rest of you individually sending me PMs asking me where I've been and what I've been up to, I'll tell you here :)

I finished my degree, and am currently studying for an MSc in Information Security at Royal Holloway in London. I type colemak, and suggest you check it out. It's a total mindfuck when you first start out but it gets better fast.

My thesis this year is a security analysis of WPA/WPA2, focussing on its use of the EAP/802.1X authentication frameworks.

So yeah, now you're pretty much up to speed.

I hope to see some familiar faces soon :)

JJ

Admin from hell
0 0

Good to see your back. Tried the Colemak layout, not bad but I'll stick with Qwerty myself. Old school it.

0 0

What's your typing speed (in WPM)?

0 0

I only switched over a few days ago, but im already almost back to my old typing speed. I never measured my WPM with qwerty, so I wont be able to measure the difference, I mostly did it for the ease of typing, and as something to do :)

:(
80 120

Welcome back, man. It's good to see you around again.

0 0

@Futility: Nice to see your cute demonic sig is still with us :)

edit And I hope you are swine-free soon :)

0 0

Compromise wrote: What's your typing speed (in WPM)?

I max/average out at 126 WPM.

0 0

l3m0np13 wrote: I max/average out at 126 WPM.

1. no
  2. I didn't ask you
  3. no
  4. max != average
  5. FUCKING NO

0 0

Compromise wrote: [quote]l3m0np13 wrote: I max/average out at 126 WPM.

1. no

2. I didn't ask you

3. no

4. max != average

5. FUCKING NO[/quote]

6. yes

7. your point?

8. yes

9. okay?

10. FUCKING YES

11. push off… t-.-t

0 0

Both of you quit it before I get admin access again and go on a warn spree….

IMHO, WPM dont really matter. Typing isnt often a race.

0 0

Welcome back! I've been tempted to give Dvorak or Colemak a try. What made you chose Colemak?

0 0

jjbutler88 wrote: IMHO, WPM dont really matter. Typing isnt often a race. It's not how fast you blast it, it's how well you cast it.

Anyhow, nice to see you back jj, was wondering when you had come back when I saw you on this morning. Guess I can stop with the daily sacrifices at the altar I built for you.

:(
80 120

Plus, does typing fast really matter? Often the main thing that holds me back is coming up with things to type rather than my ability to do so. I'm able to type at approximately the rate at which I can think of what to say, meaning that as come up with words, I write them down. Any faster (in either category) and I'm sure things would get pretty messed up.

Oh, and I've already beaten the swine. 'Twas an epic battle, but, in the end, I came out the bloody but undisputed champion.

0 0

@MrMayhem: It's actually slightly more efficient than dvorak, most of the punctuation stays in the same place, and it's not too dissimilar to qwerty, I can still go back without getting confused.

@COM: Nice to see a ritualistic approach working out for once :)

0 0

Yeah I guess the similarity to qwerty is important when you still 'have' to use qwerty on a regular basis. So maybe I'll give Colemak a whirl sometime in the future.

0 0

My advice, if you're gonna give it a shot, go all out, move the keys on an old keyboard (or your new one if you got the balls) and go cold-turky from qwerty for a while. That muscle memory doesn't quit easily :). At the end of the day, I've been typing qwerty since day 1, I shouldn't expect any less.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Welcome back man. I was wondering what happened to you.

0 0

jjbutler88 wrote: My advice, if you're gonna give it a shot, go all out, move the keys on an old keyboard (or your new one if you got the balls) and go cold-turky from qwerty for a while. That muscle memory doesn't quit easily :). At the end of the day, I've been typing qwerty since day 1, I shouldn't expect any less.

Yeah I think that would defo be the best way. If I didn't have to use the computers at uni for certain labs I'd start now. Next summer seems the most appropriate time I think.

0 0

@ynori7: Yeah, I took a break from HBH, and I'm still not sure whether I have time, but I'll find out.

@MrMayhem: Just go for it. I type qwerty at uni during the day, its not so bad. Waiting till summer will likely mean it doesnt get done.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Hello! :)

0 0

Hey mosh and system, nice to be back :). Now, to network security lectures!

0 0

hey system! long time no talk, how are ya

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Hackthis59 wrote: hey system! long time no talk, how are ya

Hey, long time indeed. How's it going? All's good in systemland ^_^

0 0

system_meltdown wrote: [quote]Hackthis59 wrote: hey system! long time no talk, how are ya

Hey, long time indeed. How's it going? All's good in systemland ^_1

hehe its going pretty good, thought id come back here to say hey to all of mah old buddies!

1. /quote 

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

MoshBat wrote: There is no need for… MoshBat wrote: … three threads about… MoshBat wrote: … various people returning. I see what you did there. How incredibly clever and contributive.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: I was making a small point.

Clever way to do it, but at least it keeps it clean, I hate when you read a thread and you don't know who's talking to who etc.